Network Issues on XPS 13 9370

So ive recently been on my laptop and suddenly i can’t connect to any Wifi, mobile hotspot or even search for networks! I’ve no idea what’s happened! 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Quite a few folks are having a problem with the 9370 and it wireless connectivity and its Killer Wireless 1435.  Of course, folks used to fuss about the Killer Wireless 1535 card which I tested and it worked fine.

The 9370 has a card which is soldered to the motherboard so it can't actually be replaced.  It does have some advanced capabilities such as Wave 2 and may be dependent on the capabilities of the device to which it connects.  Firmware for routers and latest drivers may help.

There are some folks who do not know the 9370 is a modern standby system and behaves differently related to sleep or hibernation or low power mode.  I have a 9365 which has the modern standby operation but it connects the wireless without any problems using an older wireless card.  Of course, it looks like Intel is manufacturing the Killer devices.  There is another thread in this forum where someone trying to get an Intel 9260 device to work ended up using a Killer Wireless driver...  But the 9260 is a more advanced version equivalent to an Killer 1550..

You might look at the properties of the device in Device Manager and see if the Events tab show anything going on when you are trying to connect.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So i managed to fix this issue, it turns out that my XPS had deleted the Network Adapters...

So i used my Macbook Pro and installed the Drivers needed and then transferred them via a flash drive!

But...

The network drive that i have installed is a "Killer-Wireless-1435s-1535-WiFi-Driver_C9C7H_WIN_1.5.1852_A11"

Is this the correct drive to have installed? Or should i have installed the Intel drive named: "Intel-3165-7265-8260-8265-Wi-Fi-Driver_5XTG6_WIN_20.50.0.8334_A03"?

I installed the Killer Wireless drive, but now on my Windows 10 start menu i seem to have an application called "Killer Control Centre".

Is this okay? x

(Thank you to all the previous comments helping, they were all super useful!) x

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should be installing the Killer Wireless driver and it should show on the Dell download site.  The Killer Control Center can be useful but it may not have the same capabilities on the 1435 as it does on the 1535.  You can uninstall it if you want.

One thing about the trouble some folks are having, which I can't comment on, is would there be some special software, such as a persistence module which could help keep the system connected.

I do not know why the system would have deleted your wireless adapter but possibly an upgrade or quirk of that system.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2021 Views 1,865 Applies to: