TouchPad not working UX31E windows 10 64bit pro

After upgrading my Asus UX31E ultrabook from windows 7 to windows 10 64 bit pro , my tourchpad gestures not working at all 

when try to download Smart Gesture for windows 8 - 64 bit setup gives error message "Sorry! , Asus Smart Gesture doesn't support this Touch Pad"

Issue really frustrating , please help.

Answer
Answer

I had precisely this problem and I've just managed to solve it.

My touchpad only showed u as "PS/2 Compatible mouse" in device manager, but I managed to manually install the windows 7 drivers through device manager.

I found them by searching my C drive for "Sentelic" and they were located in the following file:

C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Touchpad\Sentelic\PointingDevice_For_Clickpad\XP32_Win7_32_Win7_64_9.1.7.0

I pointed the device manager driver installer there and it installed. After a restart I could scroll with the touchpad, although it was a bit choppy. I then downloaded the newer drivers for the sentelic touchpad from the ASUS support site here:  http://www.asus.com/uk/supportonly/UX31E/HelpDesk_Download/

You might have the Elantech touchpad installed instead, but hopefully you can find the drivers in the same location or by searching like I did.

I still can't get smart gesture to install, but that's not a problem now that I can scroll happily.

Hope this helps you.

Luke

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 19, 2023 Views 9,506 Applies to: