0x80070005 – 0x4000D error while upgrading Windows 8.1

Original title :0x80070005 – 0x4000D error

I have laptop Asus with AMD E2 1800 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 4,0 GB RAM and OS windows 8 64 bit. I downloaded and update installed update window 8 to 8.1.Before that I have done with Windows 8.1 Upgrade Assistant Report and result the compatibility it’s OK. At the last step after restarting and configure other thinks, after showing present of progress, shows message error sorry could not complete update and restoring your previous version of window. After restoring massage shown 0x80070005 – 0x4000D. What is wrong? Is someone could help me. Thanks

Answer
Answer
I had this same issue.  Basically I was getting to 2 hours into the install (3% of Setting up a few more things) then and error message it couldn't complete.  I discovered that it creates a hidden folder on the c:Drive (C:\$Windows.~BT)  after a hint from another forum I followed the path: C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther which lead me to Setuperr On opening this log file I noticed that it had problems mapping a user account.  Oddly the c:\Users\Username was a directory for an old Log in that had been deleted but user files left.  I simply needed to move this folder out of C:\Users.  I was then able to complete 8.1s epic install!  Many Hours, Massive amounts of downloading (Seriously I'm surprised I haven't been shut down for breaching acceptable use policy!) But I'm up and running, Hope this helps someone!

PMc

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2018 Views 2,426 Applies to: