windows 8.1 update on 3-11-2015 had killed the system. Cannot reboot . Error says System Thread Exception not handled. (AMUSTOR.SYS)

windows 8.1 update on 3-11-2015 had killed the system.  Cannot reboot .  Error says System Thread Exception not handled.  (AMUSTOR.SYS)

I have automatic updates configured and this update kicked in last night and this morning the system will not work.  IT cannot recover and cannot restore the last restore point.  IT looks like it wants me to go back t the original restore disks copies. 

I am running on an HP ENVY 700 PC Series. 

Answer
Answer

Hi Tom,

Check the suggestions by Uncharted3 from the link mentioned below and see if it helps.  

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_update/how-to-fix-the-automatic-repair-loop-in-windows-81/bfc92bc7-031f-45d4-b623-bcb4847d32fd

Chkdsk disclaimer.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive,then chkdsk tries to repair that sector. If any data is available then  that  data might be lost.

Warning: Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly. Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2021 Views 1,783 Applies to: