bluetooth mouse keep on disconnecting in windows 8.1

After I updated my laptop from win 8.1 preview to win 8.1 pro. My bluetooth mouce keeps on disconnecting after a few minutes. 

I encountered this problem before after I upgraded from win 7 to win 8 pro.  I was told to uncheck the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the power management tab of the Bluetooth Module under the Bluetooth in the Device Manager.  This solved the problem.  

After updating to win 8.1, I tried this solution again but the tab is not there anymore.  I found this tab on the Bluetooth HID Device and Bluetooth AVRCP Device under the Human Interface Devices.  I unchecked both but this didn't solve the problem.  I also tried deleting the old bluetooth drivers, installed the most updated driver available. There is still no Power Management tab in the Bluetooth Module.  I unchecked these both in the Bluetooth HID Device and Bluetooth AVRCP Device under the Human Interface Devices.  Still the problem persist.

Is there any other solution for this.

By the way my laptop is a ASUS K55V running tin win 8.1 pro w/ media center.

Answer
Answer

Finally found the option for Power Management under the Windows 8.1 Device Manager. The device is "Bluetooth Radio", under the Bluetooth section of Device Manager. Right-clicking on Bluetooth Radio, then click Properties, you will find a power management tab. On this tab, my problem was fixed by UNchecking the box that said "allow computer to turn off this device". AND, CHECKED the box that said "allow this device to wake up the computer" or something like that.

The important point above is that the device in Device Manager to be looked at is NOT under Network Adapters, even though there are some Bluetooth etc words under that topic of the Device Manager. The "Bluetooth Radio" device is under the Bluetooth section of Device Manager.

Anyway, after fiddling with the above two checkboxes, my Bluetooth mouse stays connected quite nicely under Windows 8.1.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

The issue with disconnecting devices is power management, however, you may be looking in the wrong place for your power management setting if you have a bundled adapter.

Take a look at this guide, I think it will help you out:

How to fix disconnecting Bluetooth devices in Windows 8.1

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 75,614 Applies to: