Photos app face recognition and naming people detected

Dear Sir/Madame, 

since the photos app on windows 10 has a people tag sorting people based on the faces detected, it must have an option where the user can associate every face with a name so that it becomes easier to search and to share the photos of the people only if they are in them.

how is it possible to add names to the detected faces?

is it possible to share the photos based on their sort in the people tab?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Firas,

Photos are currently indexed based on the algorithm currently in place for the Photos app. This algorithm allows the app to scan and search photos based on the criteria that you've entered. Tagging friends, family members or people is yet to be added as a feature.

We'd recommend sending our team a message via the Feedback Hub application on your device. This will help us improve the features and performance of the Photos app. To do this, you can perform the following:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

Let us know should you need further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This would be incredibly useful! because whenever I take a photo of a friend or a family member, it will be able to recognize them and puts their photos in their face collection which then I will be able to share their face collection with that individual. This way, all my friends and family members will instantly get notification from OneDrive whenever I take a photo of them. and they can see it in their OneDrive folder without me having to create an Album for each event and then having to email them a link to that Album!
Like this, everything gets fully automatic! All I have to do is just keep taking pictures with my phone, it automatically uploads to OneDrive and detects faces. then friends and family get to see their photos instantly! would be amazing! because it would bring more people to OneDrive. They will use it daily because they can all see each other's photos with ease.

Gone are days you would have to waste your time creating stupid albums then sharing them manually to each friend.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I currently have the Windows 10 Photos app set up to find all my photos in specified folders. I have it running on two different machines, each with the same photos stored in local folders where the Photos app on each machine has found them.

On the first machine the Photos app has, on its own, recognized faces and asked me to associate them with contacts in my People app. It seems to be doing a good job of it.

On the second machine it has found all the same photos, which are locally stored copies of the photos on the first machine, but it isn't doing any facial recognition at all. 

How can I get the Photos app on the second computer to use facial recognition and ask me to associate them with my contacts?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jan,

Our Microsoft Engineers would appreciate this valuable observation. We highly recommend that you follow the steps provided by Jelu Cal to submit this to Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue or suggestions. This is also for us to have a better visibility on what we need to work with our products and services.

We're just a post away if you have further concerns.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I currently have the Windows 10 Photos app set up to find all my photos in specified folders. I have it running on two different machines, each with the same photos stored in local folders where the Photos app on each machine has found them.

On the first machine the Photos app has, on its own, recognized faces and asked me to associate them with contacts in my People app. It seems to be doing a good job of it.

On the second machine it has found all the same photos, which are locally stored copies of the photos on the first machine, but it isn't doing any facial recognition at all. 

How can I get the Photos app on the second computer to use facial recognition and ask me to associate them with my contacts?

Dear Jan_foto_buff ,

Can you explain your answer clearly and please answer my questions because my photos app wasn't able to recognize any faces .
You have mentioned that one of your systems is recognizing  fine,
Please send me the specs of that system such as OS version. Ram details, Graphic card and also the photos app version.
These details well help me a lot for solving the problem on my system.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

See the primary thread on this subject here.  Those who don't have the new feature should apparently wait for the next release.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear SaliendraReddy,

Since I reported this problem on January 21, 2018 there have been updates to the Photos app. At this time I am running Microsoft Photos 2018.18021.12420.0 and  I am no longer experiencing the problem I reported on my machines on January 21, 2018. I am logged into the same User account on both machines and I am able to face-tag successfully (after allowing the Photos app to access my Contacts) on both machines. Both machines are currently running Windows 10 Pro OS version 16299.248. One of my machines has 64 GB RAM and NVIDIA GTX 960, and the other has 4 GB RAM and AMD Radeon HD4540.

It would be nice if the Photos app would sync these tags across identical photos on different devices. At this time I have to tag photos separately on each machine.

Regards,

Jan

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you considered OneDrive?  I'm pretty sure that would keep everything in one place.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I have looked at using OneDrive to sync all my photos. However, my upload speed on DSL is horribly slow. It's not practical at this time, given that I have so many large photo files.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Jan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 29, 2023 Views 25,488 Applies to: