Windows 11 Setup Driver Missing

I recently built my PC with the ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (Wifi) motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5700X processor, an NVIDIA RTX 3090ti, Samsung EVO PLUS 970 2TB NVMe M.2 drive, and 64 GB of RAM (2x 32GB Ripjaws V Series).

So far so good. :)

I purchased Windows 11 Pro from the Microsoft store website. I downloaded the multi-edition ISO, flashed my USB stick and validated it. I can boot into setup mode, but Windows complains about missing drivers. I went through all of the suggestions I could find on this forum (e.g., this one) to no avail. I don't know which device driver is ultimately missing, but the various posts suggested it was an issue with the NVMe drive. For the life of me I can't find an .INF file that I could offer Windows 11 at this point.

I am stumped. I can't seem to get past this no matter what I do.

As a check whether I wired it all up correctly and to see if there's an issue with the BIOS, I installed Ubuntu 22.04 - worked without a hitch. However, I really need Windows 11 on this machine. Who can help?

Hi Stephan
This is Tamal trying to help you with the issue.
Please try with installing latest BIOS from ASUS, https://www.asus.com/in/motherboards-components... it may include the driver for the nvme drive. If that method does not work download the ASUS chipset driver & extract somewhere. Include the extracted file in some USB and use during windows setup, that should contain all necessary drivers including RAID & other storage feature.
In case you have created the Windows installation USB with old ISO please ensure you used the latest 22H2 build of windows 11.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Tamal,

this did not help the situation. I upgraded the BIOS to version 4408 per ASUS website. I am getting the same error message.

I then downloaded and extracted the ASUS chipset driver, extracted it to an USB stick and pointed the setup there, the error remained.

What are the next steps?

Thank you,

Stephan

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are right, I saw the ASUS zip contains exe but no inf we can show the installer from where it can install drivers. The EXE cannot be extracted to some folder so we can scrap the idea. Now only option, first you can see the m.2 Drive in BIOS, if yes look inside OS included service stack within the USB you created. Refer to this video if that helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtU977t0MQI

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 4,321 Applies to: