Unable to install Apps from Windows Store - Error code 0x80070003

Original Title: Error code 0x80070003

Dear Sir / Madam

I have installed genuine Windows 8.1 in my Dell Laptop.

Whatever application or games I download form store. Before Installing its giving me an Error as follows :

Something happened and this app couldnot be install. Error code 0x80070003.

Kindly guide me to fix the issue so that I can enjoy your store service in my system

Regards

Ravi Vishwakarma 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

From the issue description, that you have posted, I understand that you are getting the error “Something happened and this app could not be installed. Please try again, Error Code: 0x80070003” when you try to install the Windows 8.1 Apps.

1. Have you installed any third party security software?

Be assured that we are here to help you with your concern.

You might be facing this issue for various reasons, the common issues could be if your PC is not up to date, if the apps are blocked by Windows or an third party Firewall, if your apps are not up to date or if the user account is corrupted or also if corrupt or incorrect windows store app settings.

I suggest you to follow the below methods to see if it helps,

Method 1:

App troubleshooter: - This issue can be caused if there are any pending updates or due to a corrupted app. Let’s first run the Apps Troubleshooter and check if that helps. The Apps Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. If issue persists, refer to the remaining steps from the help article and check.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Note: If the issue still persist, proceed with Method 2.

Method 2:

Clear Windows Store Cache: - If you are having issues with installing or updating Store apps in windows 8.1, it may be caused by an issue with the Store cache. Please follow the below steps to clear the cache for the Store and check if it helps:

1. Press the “Windows Logo” + “R” Keys to get the Run Option.
  2. Type “wsreset.exe” and press “Enter”.
  3. Reboot the computer and try installing the Apps.

Note: If the issue still persist, proceed with Method 3.

Method 3:

Sync app licenses: - If a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might stop working. Please follow the below steps to sync your app licenses,

1. On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.
  2. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.)
  3. Tap or click App updates.
  4. Tap or click Sync licenses.

Hope the above information was helpful, kindly get back to us if you need any further assistance.

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the instructions Rahul.

I tried all the three possibilities but the error 0x80070003 is still resisting me to install any app from the windows store as my updates and License are up to date.

Also I am getting this error since ever I have reset my system.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for your valuable response, we are sorry for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the below methods to see if it helps,

Method 1:

Clean Boot: To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "Clean Boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.  Here is the link for your reference to perform clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Important: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Note: If the issue still persist, proceed with Method 2.

Method 2:

Install Windows updates including the optional updates: - Kindly follow the below steps to install both windows important Updates and optional updates,

1. Press the “Windows Logo + R” key from the desktop to get the Run option.
2. Type wuapp and click ok. Now you would see the Windows Updates screen.
3. In the Windows Updates screen, click on “Check for updates” on the left pane.
4. Wait until the computer checks for the latest important and optional updates.
5. Under “Download and install updates for your computer” click for the available important updates and check and install all the important updates and do the same for optional updates.
6. Once the windows updates are installed, restart the computer and check.

You may install Windows Updates in both UIs, classic and new. For information on how to download and install Updates in each UIs, please refer to the below link,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2777982

Note: If the issue still persist, proceed with Method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue still persist under the new user account, please follow the below link to see how you can create a new user account

Create a user account
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: If the issue still persist, proceed with Method 4.

Method 4:

Disable proxy Connection: - If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check. Follow the steps to disable proxy connection.

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. Click the Tool option at the top right corner in Internet Explorer.
  3. Under Tools options, select Internet Options.
  4. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
  5. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
  6. Click on Ok.

Hope the above information was helpful, kindly get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have actually done all of the above and I am still having the problem.

I am not using a proxy connection so that does not apply.

I did create another user account but that did not resolve the issue either.  However, the account I created was local account.  Do I need to create another MS account?

I am only getting the error message on some of the games that I downloaded.  No problems with the download, but when trying to install I keep getting the error code 0x80070003

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am encountering this same problem.. none of the methods mentioned have corrected the problem.  I spent 4 hours on the phone with DELL & Windows Tech support today.  Last suggestion was to complete the "Refresh" process.  This did not correct the problem either.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Brian,

I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Do you get the same error message?

3. What is the name of the app?

If you are running any security software or anti-virus on your system, I suggest you to disable it and check if it helps.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not sure about the computer that Brian has but I have a Dell XPS 8700 that I got back in early November 2014.

I did try disabling the antivirus program and then installing some of the apps,  all with the exact same results - same error code.  I too had done the refresh process on my computer.  Some of the apps do install without any problems but others give me the error code.  Some of the apps are by the same company and one will install but the other does not.  This is extremely frustrating and annoying.

Any suggestions would be so very much appreciated.

Thank You

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

From the above posts I understand that you have tried all the suggestions provided by our Support Engineer’s. You can try to re-register Store App in Windows 8.1 and check if it helps.

To re-register store app follow the link below

Post us if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried re-registering the store app following the steps at the link you gave.  I did it using both the normal command prompt and when that did not resolve the issue I tried it using the command prompt (admin) and I am still getting the error when trying to install some game apps.

I have also tried rebooting the computer after running that command but I am still getting that error.  I did not get an error after executing that command so that was not the issue either.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and see if it helps.

Method 1:

Try to reset Windows update components

You can reset Windows update components by referring "Manually reset Windows update component" section in the link below.

Method 2:

Try repairing Windows files using Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

You can run DISM tool by following the instruction on the link below.

Hope this information helps. If you need more technical assistance post us.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2024 Views 38,512 Applies to: