tiger woods pga tour 2006 pc cd

Hi All

thanks for having a look, this is the first time i have had to do any asking as the wonderful world of tweb (yorkshire for www) has always given me a fix for any problems associated with software or hardware issues.

I hve just recently bought an official copy of tiger woods pga tour 06 but i can not get it to work on my windows 10! i thought all hardware was backwards compatible!

the game loads no problem there, but when i try to run the game it says "the game does not officially support this graphics card. you may experince graphical anomoilies" i have a gtx 1070 on board. and then says "DirectX is reporting there is not enough video memory to run the game" i have 16gb on board.

I have tried all posible solutions the tweb has to offer but none help to get the game going (run as administrator, restrict ram, download .dll, download a bit of software) so really stumped now. Friends have suggested it could be beacause my ram ddr is what is causing the problem, but alas like me he is no expert. I have lso tried running in compatability mode as well for win 8 no option for 10.

I hope some one has a solution for me, and if you need extra info... please ask.

Heres Hoping

The problem with this and heaps of other disc based games is a little 'feature' MS built into Win10 - DRM Blocking.

(I'm assuming your game is on disc.  I believe it would be difficult to purchase this game on line because they release a new one every year).

I have more details regarding DRM Blocking and a few other copy protection system issues in my post at  ---this thread---

The most common error message when Win10 blocks a game is 'run as admin', but a few games will load the splash screens and

setup menus but not load the game play. Some will run multi-player, but not single player, and others will do nothing at all.

"download a bit of software"

- And that software is what ? If you are referring to a noCD fix\hack you may have downloaded one that does not match

the version your game is patched to, but I have had a few noCD's over the years that don't work.

You can get a noCD fix\hack - here - games/tiger-woods-pga-tour-06

"DirectX is reporting there is not enough video memory"

- This could be an issue with the game. Some older games are coded poorly regarding system specifications and will have an

issue if the VRAM does not fall within a specific range.

It is often possible to tweak the configuration files to allow the game to recognise more VRAM, which should be 8GB on a GTX1070

With a laptop this could also indicate the machine is trying to run the game on the integrated graphics rather than the dedicated gpu.

"restrict ram"

- That's a new one, but I don't see any advantage to restricting system RAM quantities.

"my ram ddr is what is causing the problem"

Nah!

"the game does not officially support this graphics card. you may experince graphical anomoilies"

- A message like this is generally due to using a newer series gpu than what was available when the game was released.

It is uncommon for a game not to run because of the gpu series, but a lot of games don't run with Integrated graphics.

However, newer drivers can at times be an issue.

I doubt your game would have graphics issues, but I do have one much older game (Crimson Skies)  with this problem.

In this instance the game runs well with Win10 on my machine with AMD graphics, but graphics anomalies make it unplayable

on my Nvidia machine. Intel HD graphics too.

"tried running in compatability mode as well for win 8"

- With those rare games that do benefit from using Compatibility for an older version of Windows you generally want to use

the Windows version that is contemporary with the games release date.  XP sp2 is likely the best chance with this game.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for taking the time to reply, greatly appreciated. yes it is cd rom, yes graphics is 8gb, system memory is 16gb. the software i downloaded was dgVoodoo 2 which according to the site is a wrapper for old graphics api's for win vista through to 10, whatever wrapper means, it did not work so uninstalled it. as far as compatability mode i tried them all. i am inclined to agree with you about the coding of older games. i did check out the thread about drm blocking but its a bit more technical than i have the knowledge for. thanks again though for the reply. iv'e spent about as much time i want to on this so going to sack it off.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As you wish, but if you don't want to use noCD fixes you may want to avoid older disc based games altogether.

Heaps of them use SafeDisc, and a fair few more use other forms of DRM that don't work with 64bit Windows.

Used Disc based games are a bit of a mine field overall as most 'recent' ( from about 2010 onward in particular) games have

one time activation via Steam, Origin or UPlay (usually mentioned on the box though).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 2,982 Applies to: