Office 365 updates not shown in Windows Update

I am using Office 365 with Windows 10 Pro. When I click "Check for updates" windows shows that no updates are available. But from office if I click Check for Updates, it shows downloading updates. Previously all office updates were downloaded along with Windows update. 

Please note that "Give me other updates option is turned on in Windows Update"

Refer the screenshot attached. Thanks in advance. 

Hi ,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I'm Ramzi, an Independent advisor, here to help you.

Don't worry ! Updates can be downloaded via Office and not via Windows update when it's not a major update. For exemple, bug fix or tools or anything..
Also, on Microsoft official website, you can check how to update Office 365. There is no need to use Windows update:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/instal...

Let me know if I can help you further!
Ramzi M

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all thanks for your reply. I understand updates for Office can be installed this way. But why can't I see them what updates are being installed? Previously they used to show up in Windows update. Also that would happen automatically as Windows downloaded other updates. In this case I need to manually search for updates by opening any Office application. Is there any way to integrate Office 365 update with Windows update?

Hi ,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I'm Ramzi, an Independent advisor, here to help you.

Don't worry ! Updates can be downloaded via Office and not via Windows update when it's not a major update. For exemple, bug fix or tools or anything..
Also, on Microsoft official website, you can check how to update Office 365. There is no need to use Windows update:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/instal...

Let me know if I can help you further!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2024 Views 222 Applies to: