NTVDM.exe has stopped working

when I gonna use Microsoft Macro assembler Version 6.11 with command prompt, facing this NTVDM.exe error message ! Microsoft MASM compatibility driver making a .obj file of an .asm file successfully but when I gonna to make it as a .exe file, having that problem! 

my friend don't facing that problem who using XP sp2 ! I know nothing about ntvdm.exe so I did nothing to solve this problem.

Please solve my problem immediately it's so urgent to me. please.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ntvdm.exe

Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Application Timestamp: 4a5bc158

Fault Module Name: StackHash_2264

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000c2d2

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 2264

Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9

Additional Information 3: 875f

Additional Information 4: 875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Answer
Answer
Hi,

The NTVDM.EXE process in Windows is used to run legacy doc (16BIT) processes on the now 32BIT or 64BIT machines.  NTVDM has been around for a long time however the arcitecture of the operating system has changed, especially with Windows 7.

It may be that your application is trying to do something that Windows 7 simply does not allow any more - with certain changes things changed and some applications no longer work.

There is a 'Windows XP Mode' for Windows 7 which you can download for free from Microsoft - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx - this would allow you to run your application in what is in essense a contained virtual machine running Windows XP and thus behave as such.

I would recommend you take this approach personally...

With best regards,
Jon

http://www.insidetheregistry.com

If this post was of use and helped please consider voting and proposing it as an answer...

77 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2023 Views 69,528 Applies to: