isdone.dll and unarc.dll help me please.

ok so i have bought my computer about 1.5 years ago had no problems up until about 2 months ago.

thats when the frustration began.

ever since i could not install any game on my computer, it crashes every time in the start/mid of install, giving the error of isdone.dll and unarc.dll files.

i have tried many solutions that we're posted online with no success. tried changing paging memory, tried dowloading the files(which are missing) and moving them to their original folder, running windows from safe mode, turning off anti virus and trying to reinstall and even clean installing my windows formating my entire C drive but with no success to my surprise( i really thought a clean re-install would fix this so i kept it as a last resort)

i am so frustrated, now i have no games since i re-installed windows and can't download any.

please please help me this is insane.

Hi B1ackOut41 -

This is Orlando, an Independent Advisor and an expert with Windows 10. I understand that you can't install any games on your computer due to isdone.dll and unarc.dll error error.

The isDone.dll & Unarc.dll error in Windows 10 is mostly related to the installation of PC games, as well as programs of large size. Large games or programs have compressed data, which is unpacked in your hard drive during installation. This eats up your PC’s RAM as well as hard drive. While installation, if your PC’s RAM or Hard Disk doesn’t have sufficient memory to handle the process, your PC may through this error.

This error might also be associated with memory error or hard drive error on your computer. There are few fixes that we can run that might resolve your issue.

Before you go about trying the methods to get rid of this error, there’s this one call to action that you must carry out. Check your PC’s configuration and see if it is compatible with the game or software you are trying to install. Every game or software comes with a minimum PC configuration requirement.

Method 1: Increase Windows Page File or Virtual Memory

1. Press Windows + R buttons on your keyboard to open the Run command box. In the Run box, type sysdm.cpl to open System Properties window.
2. In the System Properties window, go to the Advanced tab, then click on the Settings button in the Performance section.
3. In the Performance Options window that opens, go to the Advanced tab. Here, click on the Change button in the Virtual Memory area.
4. In the following window that opens, make sure that the Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers option is not selected. After that, select the Custom size radio button. Now, you will be able to enter the increased values in the Initial size and the Maximum size fields.
5. For most Games 2.5 GB is enough , so The values which will work in most cases is 400 and 3000. (Note that the values are in MB, so this set the maximum paging file size to the tune of 3 GB)

Final Step: After setting the values, press Ok, close all other windows open, then reboot your PC. After the reboot, just do one more step.

1. Just Press Windows key + R together.
2. Now, Write %temp% in it and click OK.
3. Now, Delete all the files present in the folder.

Method 2: Perform SFC Scan and Repair Windows Image
-This process will perform scan for any corrupted system files or integrity violation and will attempt to repair it along with the Windows Image.

1. Open command prompt with administrator access
2. Type each command below and wait until scan is completed.

* sfc /scannow
* DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
* DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
* DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Quick note: While the command is running, it's expected to see the process stuck at 20 or 40 percent. After a few minutes, the process will complete successfully.

Once you complete the steps, the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool will connect to the Windows Update servers to download and replace any damaged files in the local image for Windows 10 as necessary.

3. Close the command prompt.

Method 3: Re-register isDone.dll & unArc.dll files
-It might be the case that the isDone.dll and unArc.dll files need to be re-registered on your system. Re-registering dll files could help your case to solve the isDone.dll

1. Open the command prompt with administrator access
2. Type the following command and press enter on each command:

regsvr32 isdone.dll
regsvr32 unarc.dll

After running both the above commands, restart your PC, then try to install the game or software again. If this method didn’t help with the Windows 10 isDone.dll error, try the next method.

Method 4: Check RAM for Error

Testing RAM for errors is a good practice to follow anyway, in case you have been using your PC for quite a while. An error in RAM can cause various other troubles over time. This may compromise your PC’s overall health too. To test your PC for RAM related errors, you can use the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool

Method 5: Check Hard Disk for Error to fix isDone.dll error
Just like RAM errors, hard drive errors may be the reason you are getting isDone.dll error in Windows 10 while installing large games or software. To scan and fix hard drive errors, follow these steps:

1. Open the command prompt with administrator access
2. Check the name of the drive in which Windows is installed in the My PC folder. It is usually installed in C drive in most PCs. Now, in the Command prompt window, type the following command and press Enter key:

chkdsk /f C:

This will run a scan to look for errors in your hard drive. After the scan, it will also fix all the error encountered. This may take some time, so be patient and wait for the process to complete.

Method 6: Disable Firewall to fix isDone.dll error

While keeping the Antivirus disabled, your next step should be to disable Windows Firewall temporarily and then try to install the game or software. In order to disable the firewall, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start button, then in the Start Search bar, type Windows Firewall. From the search results, open the Windows Firewall option.
2. In the Windows that opens, click on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option available at the left panel.
3. Now, in the new windows that will open, select both the Turn of Windows Firewall (not recommended) options available. After that, click Ok.

Once the setting is applied, again try to install the game or software. This will probably solve the isDone.dll error.

Hope this helps, have a good day.

Thanks,
Orlando Q.
Independent Advisor

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

first 3 methods did not work. first 2 methods we're completed successfully but with no results.
third method it says the module "name.dll" failed to load.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi B1ackOut41 -

Thanks for the response. You've mentioned before that you already performed clean installation of Windows 10 on your computer that should have resolve the issue with the isDone and Unarc DLL errors.

When you re-register those DLL files it returns that error says it failed to load, which could only mean that those DLL files are in your system but windows couldn't load them. Let's try to perform repair install of windows and check if it resolves your issue.

First is to download an ISO file using this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402819...

Once ISO file is created, please follow the guide created by PaulSey, Microsoft Agent, on how to perform in-place repair on your computer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this helps, have a good day.

Thanks,
Orlando Q.
Independent Advisor

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

did not work either.

seems like the files are just not on my computer and it refuses to recognize them.

yesterday i did a full format of my C drive and it didn't fix the problem after freshly installing windows.

did it the second time just the way the tutorial says with "upgrade now" and no change there.

i tried method 4 of the methods you gave me and i got that i have no memory problems after that diagnostic.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi B1ackOut41 -

Thanks for the reply. It seems that even if we already performed all known troubleshooting to resolve the issue, including clean installation, the issue still persist.

What are the games that your trying to install and what is the specs of your computer?

Have you tried installing any large application other than the game that you're trying to install? like Microsoft Office or other large apps?

Please try to install/download similar games and let's check if the issue is isolated on a specific apps or if it is happening on any other applications as well.

Thanks,
Orlando Q.
Independent Advisor

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 10,776 Applies to: