IPv6 issues Windows 10 1809

All my devices running other operating systems like IOS, Chrome OS, Linux all show IPV6 working just fine. The web sites that test for ipv6 also confirm this. When I look at my network devices on three Windows 10 1809 they all show a ipv6 connection, but fail to confirm this with any of the ipv test web sites. They all show a failure of ipv6. I double check network device on PC for ipv6 that it is enabled which it is, and like I said the network card indicates a ipv6 address. But clearly when I do a browser test with Edge or Chrome they both cannot confirm this with several ipv6 test sites. If anyone else has trouble connecting to certain web sites this could be the cause. I have not found a solution on any of my PC's as yet other then to down grade back to 1803 version if possible. My router is running latest firmware and since other OS detect ipv6 just fine I have narrowed the problem to Win 10 1809. 
Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please review the following post and try this solution:
https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-check-your-connec...

Let me know.

Angel.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have checked all these settings, they are all enabled for IPv6 and yet it doesn't appear to transfer that connection to a browser. For now it does not appear to be a big issue with web sites unless you run across one that is Ipv6 only. Apparently some users had similar issues after 1803 upgrade so not sure maybe a possible regression in 1809. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem. It appeared due to upgrading from 1803 to 1809. After obtaining an IPv6-address everything seems normal, but after a few minutes the default gateway (only IPv6-gateway) disappears and the entire system looses IPv6 connectivity. It looks like a bug.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 1,441 Applies to: