How to fix "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC"

I'm getting an error message We can't create a recovery drive on this PC while attempting to create recovery drive. 

Using the command reagentc /info I checked the Windows Recovery information and it gave me this result:

Could anyone help me to create a recovery drive?

Hi Joseph,

To help resolve your concern on how to create a recovery drive, you may refer to this article created by Andre Da Costa (MVP/ Insider/ Community Moderator/ Wiki Author). Follow the steps provided.

Let us know how it goes.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Joseph,

To help resolve your concern on how to create a recovery drive, you may refer to this article created by Andre Da Costa (MVP/ Insider/ Community Moderator/ Wiki Author). Follow the steps provided.

Let us know how it goes.

I wonder how you became a Forum Moderator..!! READ THE QUESTION before giving stupid answers. 

145 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Joseph, did you ever sort this out? I have the same problem.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just encountered this issue on my new Windows 10 computer. Apparently when I cloned the system to another drive, the recovery partition information was lost on my Windows 10 system. Later I tried to create a recovery drive, and got the same "can't create" message. The command reagentc /info also showed Windows RE Status as Disabled.

If you know your hard drive does contain a recovery partition, you can use the following procedure to have Windows 10 system regain its information. If there's no recovery partition at all, this procedure won't help you.

1. Open a PowerShell or Command Prompt in Administrator mode.
  2. At the prompt, enter command diskpart to run the disk partition tool. Enter list volume and see if you have any volume with a label containing the word "Recovery". That volume may be your recovery partition. Take a note of its volume number.
  3. Now let's locate where the volume is located. Enter select volume <vol#> where <vol#> is the volume number from the previous list volume command. Then use detail volume command to see which disk it's located. Notice the disk number.

Use command select disk <disk#> where <disk#> is the disk number, and then enter list partition to inspect all partitions on that disk.

Look for the partition which matches the size of the possible recovery partition volume. To verify that partition is the one, enter select partition <part#> and then detail partition to confirm.

Now you can quit the disk partition tool by command exit.
  4. We are back at PowerShell or Command Prompt. Enter command reagentc /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk<disk#>\partition<part#>\Recovery\WindowsRE where you replace <disk#> and <part#> with the numbers got from the previous step. Next use command reagentc /enable to activate the recovery partition.

Double check with command reagentc /info.

Finally you can try again to create a recovery drive. Hopefully it will work as supposed.

121 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 31,484 Applies to: