How to disable compatability pop up window in windows 10?

Hello everyone, I am very new to Windows 10 I upgraded literally just yesterday from Windows 7 and I am still learning how to use it properly. I am really enjoying it so far, with one exception. I am constantly getting a message pop up when opening most programs I had installed on the previous version of Windows before upgrading. See here:

Now, all of these programs run flawlessly with no problems on Windows 10, no problems there. My question is, how do I disable this message pop up? I would like all the background processes, and .exe's that I run to just open and be executed without having to click yes a dozen times on every boot up. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated as I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn off this message.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This pop up arises when programs runs under Compatibility mode. The programs runs under         compatibility mode when the operating system is not compatible to run it. Disabling the compatibility mode may or may not allow program to run flawlessly. So we recommend you not to disable this compatibility mode.

Hop this information helps, reply to us for any further query.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This pop up arises when programs runs under Compatibility mode. The programs runs under         compatibility mode when the operating system is not compatible to run it. Disabling the compatibility mode may or may not allow program to run flawlessly. So we recommend you not to disable this compatibility mode.

Hop this information helps, reply to us for any further query.

This is what some game you guys are playing? The popup says you should disable the compatibility settings and you say its for your own good. Stop talking like a dope and please answer the right questions. Why is there an option of compatibility if there is no way to disable the compatibility popup?

Anyways, I have tried all tweaks related to regedit, services.msc and gpedit.msc. So please don't give the same useless solutions again. Secondly, the four commands through cmd.exe is also tried with zero results.

And windows update says " Your windows its uptodate "

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi.

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Forums.

1. What is the name of the program that triggers this compatibility mode popups?
  2. Do you have any browser enhancement tool installed on your computer?

Kindly go through the suggestions provided by Bennet Martin for a similar issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/how-to-disable-the-compatibility-settings-in/72dace35-eb7d-4cb7-882e-d265a704463a

Let us know if it helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Regards,
Mann Manohar

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 18, 2023 Views 2,405 Applies to: