How to disable the compatibility settings in windows 8.1

Whenever I open any browser, a box opens"One clickstarter" with this message:The program ws started in compatibility mode. As this can lead to undesirable effects, you should disable the compatibility settings". Then I am asked whether or not I want to run the application anyway. I have been saying yes, but my laptop is not running properly. Please help

Answer
Answer
Hi Alfonso,

We certainly want to get this taken care of. To disable the compatibility settings of OneClick starter on your computer, please follow these steps:

1. Go to Start, All Programs, find the software icon and then right click on it, click Properties.
  2. On the Compatibility tab, uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and then click OK.

Don’t hesitate to give us a feedback if you have further inquiries.

Regards,

Rose Ter

If this answer helped you, please click the Mark as Answer button to help other users.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Irene,

OneClick starter could be browser a tune up utility that is installed in your computer. Since this program is running in compatibility mode, it is displaying this message. I checked online to verify if this is a safe software, but could find any information to validate the software. If you haven’t installed this software, I would suggest you to uninstall the software. Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select ‘programs and features’.
  2. Check if the program ‘Onclick starter’ is listed in the list of programs installed.
  3. If yes, right click on the program and select ‘Uninstall’.

Some software can also install add-ons in your browser without your knowledge. I would also recommend checking if any add-ons were installed in Internet Explorer. If nay add-on has been installed, you can disable them as explained in the section ‘Turning off and removing add-ons’ in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Cheers,
Ben.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2024 Views 424 Applies to: