Enable 2FA in Windows 10 Pro desktop app

Hello. I could not find how to enable two-factor authentication for the login of Windows 10 Pro desktop app. I do not mean enabling 2FA for our Microsoft online account, but enabling it for the Window 10 Pro login, which we are presented with every time we turn on the computer. 

If this 2FA  login is not available natively on Windows Pro, please, advise me on third-party apps, keys, software or the like that will install this feature into Windows 10 Pro. 

Ideally, I would like Windows 10 Pro to request me an authenticated code (from SMS sent to my mobile phone, to my alternative email or any authentication code app) every time I need to login.

Any advice is welcome! :-)

Rgs

MC

Hi MC,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Natively 2FA isn't supported in Windows. The best way is to use Windows Hello Fingerprint which would only log you in when the fingerprint matches. This is the best security method available.

Another alternate is using a Booting Password in BIOS Settings. It would ask for a password every time you start your PC in addition to Windows login.

For suggestions, feel free to write it in Feedback Hub.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/for...
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 1,963 Applies to: