Drivers for multimedia audio controllers

Hi, I have a Dell 2350 dimension windows xp. My speakers have stopped working and there is a yellow mark next to multimedia audio controller,it says it is a error 28.I'm not very good with computers and although I understand I need a driver,I have no clue how to go about installing one or where to look,I don't have a disc and the wizard won't let me search the internet when I try to install the hardware (which I assume is the speakers?).I am getting no sound at all.Can someone please help me.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can find your System's Audio drivers here:

Dell Dimension 2350.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/dimension-2350/drivers

Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio, v.5.12.01.3538, A08.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=5Y3JP&fileId=2731105090&osCode=WW1&productCode=dimension-2350&languageCode=EN&categoryId=AU

Let me know, if you run into any more problems.

Take time to let us know if the suggestion worked...or not.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

How's it going? Were the linked drivers the one you needed?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I went on the links you very kindly sent me. I had actually found the same site myself a couple of days ago! There was one audio driver available it said, I had already tried to download it,but it hadn't worked,but I tried it again,and unfortunately it still would not download for me. I have even had a go at resetting my pc to a week ago and it will not even do that,so I am truly at a loss as to what else to try. The speakers I had been using (which were working fine up until I turned my pc back on the morning after I updated my avast antivirus a few days ago-do you think that can have deleted the driver?Because I also do not understand how a driver could of just disappeared overnight with no trace of it left on my computer!) which I wish to reconnect to my pc are...multimedia hi-fi speaker systems, Kye Systems Corp, Model nu SP-S110. Am I going about this the wrong way round do you think? Should I be looking for a web site for the speakers manufacturer, and a driver for the make of speaker,rather than the make of computer? I really have no clue what I am doing! I would just like to add, that I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out! 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

lets do this.

Please upload a copy of your system information file. Click "start", type 'msinfo32", Click "file" at the top of the page, select "export" and give the file a name and click "save".

Navigate to where the file was saved to, and upload the generated text file to a public folder on your OneDrive account and post the link here.

If you are having trouble with the instructions about how to upload and share the files , please refer to the video tutorials in the links below.

Before watching the videos, there are a few things to remember about what is needed here, and how to accomplish the task.

1. Upload the files to a new folder on OneDrive.

How to upload files to OneDrive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRdhqIYSGAU

2. Make the folder public.

3. Get a link. (see video below)

3a. Shorten the link if you want to.(optional)

4. Highlight the link, right click it and copy it.

5. Navigate back here and Paste (ctrl+v) it into the body of your post here.

How to share files on onedrive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lyme35HdQw

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I don't feel comfy making this file public,sorry if I'm being stupid,its just I don't know what information is in the file your asking for,if someone can use it to hack into my computer or something? Is it possible to send it privately,or am I worrying needlessly.Sorry again-I did tell you I have no clue what I'm doing! 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is nothing in this file, that identifies you. All there is, are error reports, installed software etc, but if you do not feel comfortable doing it, I understand. :)

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi :) I'm sorry it takes me a while to answer sometimes,I'm not able to use the computer as much as I'd like! Here is the link you asked for,I hope I did it right. Your instructions are nice and clear and easy to follow,although I worked the Onedrive bit out myself as the subtitles on the you-tube video were shocking and to fast for me to follow,so I'm quite proud of myself tbh! Anyway fingers crossed that A-I have done it right so don't have to try again,and B-you can help see what my problem is with this info and help me! 

http://1drv.ms/1voll57

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for the delay Pandabeth. I'd like for you to run these, just to be sure your system is malware free. The reason why is, I see indications in the file that you uploaded, that the system might be infested with the "conduit" virus.

From MSinfo32 file.

Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xnk0nrcc.default\chrome Default User:Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xnk0nrcc.default\chrome Default User 
Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xnk0nrcc.default\conduit Default User:Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xnk0nrcc.default\conduit Default User 
Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xnk0nrcc.default\conduit\alert Default User:Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xnk0nrcc.default\conduit\alert Default User 

Please follow the steps in the link below, to remove it.

Remove Conduit Toolbar and search.conduit.com (Uninstall Guide).

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-conduit-apps-search-and-toolbar/

As for the Audio issue, here is what I found under problem devices.

[Problem Devices]

Device PNP Device ID Error Code 

Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_01471028&REV_02\3&13C0B0C5&0&FD The drivers for this device are not installed. 

I searched the pci database and came up with:

0x8086&DEV-24C5
Chip Number: VIA vynil v700b
Chip Description: VIA vynil v700b
Notes: sound

Returning 12 matches for: "24C5"
Sorted by: Device ID

Device Id Chip Description Vendor Id Vendor Name
0x401 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C6&REV_03\3 267A616A 0x04B3 IBM
0x24c5 VIA Vynil v700b 0x1106 VIA Technologies, Inc.
0x24c5 VIA-Vynil v700b 0x15EF Intelligent Paradigm Inc
0x24C5 Realtek AC97 0x8086 Intel Corporation
0x24C5&SUBSYS_041111 PCI Simple Communications Controller 0x8086 Intel Corporation
0x24C5a VIA Vynil v700b 0x8086 Intel Corporation
0x24c5j Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio 0x8086 Intel Corporation
0x24C5n Intel 82801 DB DBM/DA AC 97 Audio Controller 0x8086 Intel Corporation
0x24c5x Audio Controller 0x8086 Intel Corporation
0x8086&DEV-24C5 VIA vynil v700b 0x8086 Intel Corporation
0x8086&DEV_24C5 VIA vynil v700b 0x8086 Intel Corporation
0x24C5 VIA Vynil v700b 0xEACE Endace Measurement Systems Ltd.

Source:

http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendor_details.php?id=1302  

0x24C5
Chip Number: 82801DBM SoundMAXController (ICH4-M B0 step)
Chip Description: Realtek AC97
Notes: http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/vinyl_v700b.zip

Source:

http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendor_details.php?id=1302

Here is what I would like you to do. Go to the link below and reinstall your chipset driver.

Dimension 2350

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/dimension-2350/drivers

After you do that, wait a few hours, the upload a fresh copy of your system information file. I would like to see if the Problem device issue goes away.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I managed to clean up the pc...you were right it was full of viruses including the one you mentioned,but I think I have cleared them all following your instructions. :D I tryed to download the chipset driver as well...it does the download thing at the bottom of the screen,when I open it, a install page comes up and I press that,then press I wish to continue with install,but then when I try and open the download again it just keeps saying it can not install because it can not find file. I have tryed 5 times and keep getting the same problem, what am I doing wrong? :(  I just tryed again and instead of saving over existing file I made a new one,the install page hasn't come up does that mean I now have it...I'm so confused! I will wait a hour then try and send you the info again so you may check for me......I would just like to say, you have no idea how much I appreciate you giving me your time and expertise to help me.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My pc is starting to freeze up a lot more recently,I assume this is partly because the XP is now out of date.The new info.....I'm not sure I have managed to install the driver though. My sound is still not working,do you think I will be able to get it back?   http://1drv.ms/1pm4hb6 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 10, 2023 Views 4,083 Applies to: