Cortana is not available in your region and language you've selected

I am in the UK and all my settings (language, locale, keyboard settings, speech) are set to UK. I'm logged into my Microsoft account on Windows 10 Pro (released version). On my Laptop (Windows 10 home released) the settings are the same. Cortana works on my my laptop but on my PC I get the error "Cortana is not available in your region and language you've selected"

I changed my PC settings to US, rebooted and Cortana worked. Then I set them back to UK again and got the error again.

What's going on here?

I would assume as a unit test, a developer would read the output values on the screen that says "UK" compare it to the list of supported languages that includes "UK" and Cortana would therefore be switched on. Clearly there is a behind the scenes setting and a bug here.

Perhaps also there could be an automated way of fixing the issue but in the meantime how do I fix this manually?

thanks

Hi Craig,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the suggestion given in the below thread and check if it helps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/why-is-cortana-not-available-for-me-on-windows-10/99a6fc79-1119-4ca3-bc19-71d12d264567

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.   

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It still doesn't work. It's fine when I put everything to US, but when I switch back to UK it doesn't work and searches take ages as well. Poor design. If I see UK in my settings, the setup for Cortana should simply confirm I am in a supported area and work. If this was user friendly software, it would give me a link to fix it rather than poke around, guess and search.

Craig

--
Craig Cockburn ("coburn").

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I reverted my Windows 10 installation back to Windows 7. Reinstalled Windows 10, then all the updates. Then I downloaded the UK language packs, which is funny because you think with a UK IP address and UK settings on Windows 7 that the default settings for Windows 10 would also be UK. Then, as before I set all the settings to UK.

After doing this, Cortana works.

--
Craig Cockburn ("coburn").

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

SAME PROBLEM HERE ANY SOLUTON

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2024 Views 10,257 Applies to: