Cant Access my Downloads folder (Windows 8.1)

Hi, so i havent checked my downloads folder in a while (because i download files in an other folder), so today i checked it and i was not able to access it i got this message : "C:\Users\daniel\Downloads is not accessible. , The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." , does anyone know how to fix this ?please , i have important works that ive done in the past in this folder , and i dont want to lose them(im a photographer, and yes i use my downloads folder to store my works instead of "my documents" ),  i can access my other folders like documents, ect , please help!!!

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are unable to access downloads folder.

This might have occurred due to some changes made to your computer.

I need some information.

1. Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions by Yaqub K replied on august 15, 2013 and check if that helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/error-cusersusernamedownloads-is-not-accessible/92404b9b-a9a1-4a4a-ac75-3a52647ee976?auth=1

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 8, 2023 Views 716 Applies to: