blank blue screen with cursor

so about 3 weeks ago my little brother was playing on my desktop pc and it froze. he didn't know what to do so he shut it off by holding the power button, then when i turned it on again it, it said "chkdsk: replacing invalid security id with default security id". it scanned about 300k+ files then started normally and showed me the login screen but once i logged in, there was no desk top, just a blank blue screen with a cursor, no error message no nothing. i performed a clean boot but nothing happened. then i went into safe mode with command prompt and used sfc/scannow and it said there were corrupt files and that it had fixed them. i hoped that had fixed the blank screen issue but it didnt. i also went into low resolution mode to see if it was a problem with a graphics card i had installed a few moths before or with any graphics drivers but i still got the blank screen. i called tech support and they told me that important files needed to run windows properly were missing. i really dont know what to do so help would be appreciated

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is unfortunate that you are facing this issue and I will be happy be happy to answer your query. I also appreciate the effort made towards trying to fix the issue.

As of now, I would request you to refer to suggestions and troubleshooting steps provided in the article/thread link below and check the status.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

its not a bsod error. it doesnt show me any error messages its just a blank blue screen

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

You may want to start the computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists. If it does not, place the computer in clean boot state and check as this could be due to any third party software conflict as well.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows        

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope this helps.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 6, 2024 Views 9,087 Applies to: