Skype in has stopped working on Belkin Desktop Internet Phone

I've been using the Belkin Skype phone for a while and have had no problems until this last week receiving calls to my skype landline number. I can call out via this number but no one can call in. I have checked firmware and it is up to date. Status is OK. and I'm appear to be signed in OK. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Hi,

Welcome to the Skype Community Forum!

Skype has stopped supporting Skype phones and adapters. Please follow this thread for more information and updates regarding Skype phones. List of unsupported devices can be found here.

Regards,

Rhiza_E

Skype Community Moderator

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello - I am hoping you can help.

So are you saying that if I replace my Belkin Internet Desktop phone with a new one that I will still not be able to receive incoming calls. My existing Belkin is more than five years old so when I contacted Belkin they were not able to help.

If I get a new one can I get incoming calls on it to a skype number?

Thanks

Carol Bowden

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So are you saying that if I replace my Belkin Internet Desktop phone with a new one that I will still not be able to receive incoming calls. My existing Belkin is more than five years old so when I contacted Belkin they were not able to help.

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the Skype Community Forum!

I'm afraid to tell you that all Skype phones are no longer supported regardless if it's an old or a new model. Though, Skype phones and adapters may still be available to purchase through third party retailers.

Regards,

Rhiza_E

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello - I am hoping you can help.

Thanks

Carol Bowden

In regards to a replacement that could work:

The only thing that might work is a desktop or mobile Android or Windows-based phone that meets Skype's system requirements.  This way the standard clients can be installed.

What are the system requirements for Skype?

By using devices that use fairly new hardware and operating systems, you increase the chances of OS and client updates being available for the solution you choose, increasing the chances of continued support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't like the way this subject was conducted by Microsoft. many devices was disposed in good working conditions . This is the second time that I throw working conditions skype apparels . the firs one was when skype stopped to work in 32 bits apparels and now because some not well explained decision . .  it seems to be a environmental mistake to do not use the apparels to the end of their working lives.

I will never buy another licensed apparel , because it will be out of use in few months per skype policy . . .  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

About consumer protection in Québec, it is possible for me to  take legal action to have compensation for a product not supported for a reasonable period.

If you sell me a product it should work.

Regards

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2024 Views 1,475 Applies to: