My Skype Dual Phone / ATA is not receiving calls, why?

For 4-5 days I have been unable to receive calls to my Skype phone number.  I make phone calls. but not receive.  I use Skype through the Free Talk - Talk1200.  It also doesn't work with the Skype dual phone.

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2019 Views 11,760 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi all,

As part of an announcement made in 2013, Skype has shut down SkypeKit, which was a collection of software and APIs that allowed Internet-connected devices or applications, including Dualphone, to offer Skype voice and video calls.

We have now officially decommissioned SkypeKit as these tools do not deliver a consistent Skype user experience or support cross-platform application development.

For those who are experiencing the impact of the retirement of Dualphone now, this is due to an extra push to move Skype from a peer-to-peer service to a cloud based infrastructure. We can confirm that due to this migration, older phones are no longer supported, further information can be found on our device support page. To view a full list of devices that are supported on Skype after this migration to the cloud, please visit our  Support Page

177 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.