Release Notes for Skype 8.67

The latest Skype version 8.67 is out and we have prepared cool new features in this release like Together Mode and Large Grid Mode during a Skype video call so you can enjoy being in touch with your friends and families during the holidays.  

Skype for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Web 

• Hanging out with the cool kids: We've introduced Together Mode to give everyone in your call the best seat in the house. And as if that wasn't enough, we've added Large Grid so you can see everyone's video stream all at once! Learn more about switching views in a Skype video call  

• Let me add you: This version of Skype includes the option to add someone to an ongoing Skype call by their phone number as well as via Skype. Learn more about calling in Skype. 
  • What's that behind you?: We've added more predefined backgrounds and more background categories, and we're adding more all the time. Learn more about changing your background in Skype. 
  • Meet Now, Right Now: Meet Now is integrated in Windows 10, so you can meet with a simple click. Learn more about Meet Now
  • Bug fixes and stability improvements. Bugs? Stomped. Improvements? Made. Done. 

Skype for Android 

• Let me add you: This version of Skype includes the option to add someone to an ongoing Skype call by their phone number as well as via Skype. Learn more about calling in Skype. 
  • So many bubbles: The latest version of Skype includes support for Chat Bubbles, Priority Conversations, and Conversation Space on Android. 
  • That's Fire: Good news if you're on an Amazon Kindle Fire: you're getting a new, updated version of Skype. Learn more about Skype versions. 
  • Bug fixes and stability improvements. Bugs? Stomped. Improvements? Made. Done. 

What’s fixed? 

• Skype is preventing Mac from automatic sleep. 
  • Videos in chat freeze on the first frame and do not play properly. 
  • JavaScript error when trying to run Skype on Windows servers. 
  • Video freezes when typing a message during a call. 

The new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days so if you don’t see them right away, just check again soon! 

Please let us know what you think about the latest changes, either here in the community or through the Skype app. And you can always go to Skype’s User Voice to submit and vote for new features and ideas.  You might also want to check out the known issues. 

We are glad you were with us all the time, giving us feedback and helping improve Skype. We really appreciate it! Thank you very much! Enjoy the holidays and the rest of the year, and see you in 2021. 

The Skype Team

Was this article helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Videos in chat play ok but there is no sound.  This version cuts the sound for some reason.

12 people found this comment helpful

·

Was this comment helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

These functions are not available in skype! Please help,

Skype for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Web 

• Hanging out with the cool kids: We've introduced Together Mode to give everyone in your call the best seat in the house. And as if that wasn't enough, we've added Large Grid Mode so you can see everyone's video stream all at once. Learn more about switching views in a Skype video call  

The latest Skype version 8.67 is out and we have prepared cool new features in this release like Together Mode and Large Grid Mode during a Skype video call so you can enjoy being in touch with your friends and families during the holidays.  

4 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

When are ARM64 PCs like the Surface Pro X going to get a native ARM64 Skype that's newer than 2019?  You haven't made an ARM64 version since 8.53, despite Electron supporting ARM64.  It's honestly ridiculous.

16 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Broken webcam. Making Skype black and white with a weird blue tint. This has happened only after the updates. 

6 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Great work! Keep it coming. Teams for consumers seems like it's not going anywhere. Why not keep making Skype great so it grows in relevance? In particular, allow people to change their Skype ID so people don't get turned off by random characters or by embarrassing Skype IDs they created in junior high. Also, please update Skype for Xbox. It is the best way to enjoy a family Skype call from the living room rather than huddling around a laptop. 

·

Sorry this didn't help.

The new or latest skype sucks - it will not stay running in start up - it keeps turning off - I have to go into start up and turn it on every time - It will not turn on when I turn on the computer! If I call a contact , video call , it rings 4 times then hangs up. Is this the new and improved skype?

·

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a known startup issue with Skype for Windows 10 that has yet to be addressed. In the meantime, you can uninstall that version and use the latest Skype for Desktop release.  See if there is any change in your other issues.

2 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay! It seems to have been fixed! Everything seem to be back to normal!

To whomever fixed the problems - Thanks for fixing it!

Sorry this didn't help.

Happening to me too :(

Sorry this didn't help.

After installing the update to build 8.67.0.99, Skype informed me that I was signed out and would need to launch the app to sign in. Upon trying to sign in, it just sat there after I entered my password. I had to go and turn off 2FA temporarily to get it to sign in, which is strange because I thought Skype was compatible with 2FA and I would get a code. What even causes the app to sign out like that?

Sorry this didn't help.

Forum Article Info

Last updated October 29, 2021 Views 4,576 Applies to: