Skype Insider Preview // New Quick Access Menu

This update is available on all platforms.

Version: 8.37.76.96

We are excited to announce a new Quick access menu is available on our latest Insider build! With the Quick access menu, your profile, associated Microsoft Account, Skype number and Settings are just a click away. From the Quick access menu you can review your Skype credits & subscriptions as well as update your profile picture and mood message. 

To access the menu, click on your avatar on the home screen and get to updating your information! 

Try the new Quick access menu and send us your feedback! 

The Skype Team 

Was this article helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback.

No new features should be worked on for Skype until you bring the laundry list of old features back or let us use Skype Classic again.

18 people found this comment helpful

·

Was this comment helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

Completely Agree!!!!!

3 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft's disconnect with it's user base is shining bright enough for space aliens to see. They block access to what the users actually want, and then start parading around what they're trying to avoid like it's something people care about. Unbelievable.

6 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

No new features should be worked on for Skype until you bring the laundry list of old features back or let us use Skype Classic again.

I have an impression that collecting our feedback is provided not for making the product better, but for some other, quite incomprehensible purpose. Habitual features users need and ask for most of all are not implemented, but instead we're receiving "bells and whistles".

·

Sorry this didn't help.

At this point I'm considering using feedback just as documented evidence of user outrage with this atrocious update.

Maybe I'll print all the comments out and make a really big collage to send to Microsoft headquarters.

4 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Absolutely Paul.  We read your comments in the long current thread running about skype 8.

These updates are mostly useless.  The most valued features such as split window and multiple simultaneous chats we never hear anything about other than "we are working on updates" which leaves us all guessing as to what and when.

The top menu which was visible links was also incredibly handy - the youngest generations are used to newer control systems but I find many older adults are completely puzzled by the lack of visible menus and are floundering on even the simplest things.

Why we have a total inability to get real commentary from skype support on the forums is a mystery.  I personally am a co-developer with several software products with a large userbase - we reply in every single thread on our own forums, and we provide much more explicit information then provided here.  I should also add that our oldest product which is now over 9 yrs and has had over 300 updates and its code base has completely changed 3x, upgrades have never resulted in the loss of one feature, not a single one.

So I view this as a shambles.  I wrote some pretty scathing comments in some threads in the late fall and every single one was deleted - guess they did not like what i had to say.

2 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

"Useless" is the best single word I've found to objectively describe this update.

I tend to tread lightly when making comments so as not to give any hard ammunition for deleting my posts. I understand how much this impacts everyone and how awful it is, but I'm agreeing to the calm tone required by this forum when I post here. It's more important that what I say reach Microsoft than that I get the opportunity to vent and scream, so I try to remain neutral and factual.

Try posting your old comments again, they'd probably blend in with the other dissenting voices by now. If you'd like a more direct method, you could consider sending a snail mail letter like I did.
Office of the President
Microsoft Headquarters
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Deaf 

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Forum Article Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 531 Applies to: