Cock up with Skype

Am really struggling with Windows 10 , so many things going wrong . Loved the old Vista I had , but no longer supported. 

Latest problem. I couldn't access Skype because Microsoft had stopped my account as there was a problem , they said . I changed the password and got it back . Went into Skype , and instead of my address there was one in my husband's name. He never uses the computer  , just not interested . Who set the address up in his name ? It only had a few messages we didn't understand as in Greek , no calls . We want to cancel it and reinstate mine but don't know how to. Also concerned about who set his up in the first place .

Please reply in simple terms as we're ancient and don't understand computer jargon .

Also , if you can help. Why won't 10 recognise my printer ? I " married " them up , worked for a while but now refuses to print. Says there's a problem with the printer  . My old Windows Vista communicates with it , so printer is fine !

Thanks 

You are likely signed into the wrong Skype profile.

Click the three dots menu (...)
Click Sign out

Try signing into Skype again using your email address and password.

See instructions:
How to Sign in and Setup Skype 8 on Windows Using Your Skype ID or Email
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

As for your printer:

What is the make and model of the printer?

Please try the steps recommended below to uninstall printer software

Option 1: Run the Printer Troubleshooter - http://aka.ms/diag_printer10

If you are using an HP Printer, use the HP Print and Scan Doctor:
HP Print and Scan Doctor - HP Support
https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c02073861

Option 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer
A. Uninstall the Printer
Windows Key+X > Apps and Features / Programs and Features
Select your printer.
Select Uninstall.

Windows key+R, type control, hit Enter
Open Devices and Printers.
In the Devices and Printers window look for your Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose Delete or Remove Device

Windows Key+R, type Cmd, hit Enter
Type printui.exe /s > OK.
Click on Drivers tab.
Look for Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
Select OK.
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
Close Devices and Printers.

B. Install the Driver
Go to the Printer manufacturerâ€:tm:s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers
Reinstall the Printer driver
Reboot the computer
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Not sure if this is going back to Andre [ Thank you for your advice ] or to the Community in general .

There must be others like me who really don't understand much about computers , most of the jargon , to a lot of us oldies , is incomprehensible .

I managed to get my Skype account back but still don't understand how one was set up in my husband's name which we know nothing about. Since read that this has happened to others , sometimes from people asking for money or worse. Not sure what to do about it as read you can't delete an account . My husband hates modern technology , not interested in the computer , he won't even have a mobile phone .

As far as the printer is concerned , I uninstalled and reinstalled it once before. It worked OK for a few weeks and then this computer ? Windows 10 refused to recognise it , said there was a problem with it. My old Vista laptop could still communicate with it so the printer is OK .

I liked , and was happy with Vista as all I do is read news articles , Skype , email and have an Amazon Prime acct. To use Amazon , as I live most of the time in Greece , I set up a VPN with Nord and direct the computer to the UK. Don't know if that causes problems but if I turn off the VPN it doesn't make any difference . Have tried plugging the computer and printer in to each other but still doesn't work ? still trying to connect via wi-fi. Don't use the printer much but do need it occasionally . 

Is it anything to do with the printer , like my old laptop , being several years old ? It's an Epson Stylus SX438W ? Seems strange that If I reinstall it works for a while but then stops working .

Thanks again for your help ,

Adrienne 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 53 Applies to: