Why does my cam not work when chatting with friends in the Philippines?

Why does my cam not work when chatting with friends in the Philippines? I nor they can see cam, Audio works, but video does not.

Moderator note: In the absence of an official solution from Microsoft, the below was accepted as the answer for visibility.

Answer
Answer

If one of the involved parties is in Philippines, then note that there is now indeed some unexplained issue with video calling to and from Philippines. Several other users reported the same issue, and this happens with any Skype version.

Why is there no video when calling my international contact - Microsoft Community

What can i do to fix my technical problem. When i do video call, i - Microsoft Community

I cannot see or be seen on a Skype video call .. audio works, and - Microsoft Community

I don't know if this is caused by some restrictions imposed by the local Philippines ISP providers, or problems with regional Microsoft servers.

Microsoft is informed about this issue, but it will be hard to get any help on this from Microsoft during the weekend time, but it is also possible that the issue will be resolved within the next few days.

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2024 Views 2,423 Applies to: