Unknown email address claiming to be from the Administration Team

Original title: Unknown email address claiming to be from the Administration Team, subject ID: 133 - Account Alert!

I had an e-mail which claims to be from the Email Server Administration Team (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) asking me to click on a live.com link to verify my account. My filters have blocked the content of this email so I need to know if it is actually from Microsoft or not?

Here is the link below as I have copied/pasted:

http://hhhhhhhhhooooottttttttt.bugs3.com/windowslive.hotmail.update/login.html

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response. The email you received is not legit and definitely a phishing email. Please do not disclose any information or reply to that email.

To verify if the e-mail you received is a legitimate message from Windows Live Hotmail Support, go to this link.

How to recognize if the email I have received is genuine or spam/ phishing?

Keep in mind that Windows Live Hotmail support professionals never ask you for your current password, either over the phone or through an e-mail message. Microsoft support team also doesn’t ask users to forward messages or send you chain letters.

If you need further assistance, please let us know by replying to this post.

Thanks!

157 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response. The email you received is not legit and definitely a phishing email. Please do not disclose any information or reply to that email.

To verify if the e-mail you received is a legitimate message from Windows Live Hotmail Support, go to this link.

How to recognize if the email I have received is genuine or spam/ phishing?

Keep in mind that Windows Live Hotmail support professionals never ask you for your current password, either over the phone or through an e-mail message. Microsoft support team also doesn’t ask users to forward messages or send you chain letters.

If you need further assistance, please let us know by replying to this post.

Thanks!

Today I received this mail, which I believe is a fraud too.  Can you please check on this.

• GENERAL RESET ALERT CONFIRMATION™ 2013‏
    Email Server Administration Team (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
    6/09/13
    From: Email Server Administration Team (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
    Sent: Sun 6/09/13 12:32 AM
    To:
    To All E-mail Account User.

VERIFY THIS EMAIL ADDRESS TO AVOID IMMEDIATE CLOSURE

We have recently confirmed that your mailbox has exceeded the limit of 30 GB, which is as set by your manager and your are currently at 30.9GB. Different computers have logged into your mailbox account and multiple password errors have been entered. We are hereby suspending your account; as it has been used for fraudulent purposes. Now we need you to reconfirm your account information to us. Click your reply tab, fill in the columns below and send it back to us or your email account will be suspended permanently and you will not be able to create new e-mail to send or receive again until your reconfirm your account information.

Name: .........................................

User Name:...................................

Password: ...................................

Reconfirm Password:...................

Date of Birth ................................

Country or Territory......................

Here are some ways to help you manage your account after you reconfirm your account.
    1. Create an archive - Set up a folder on your PC’s hard drive where you can save large attachments. Then just delete them from your inbox. You’ll still have them and your in-box will be that much smaller.
    2. Make your filters work for you- Did you know you can set up your E-mail account to immediately delete junk e-mail? Go to Options, and click Filters and reporting. Under the “Delete junk e-mail” section, select immediately to delete junk e-mail right away. Once you’re finished, click Save and you’re done.
    3. Delete a bunch of mail at once- Go to your Junk and Deleted folders, and clear them out by clicking the “Empty” button in the action bar.

Sincerely,

The Email Service Team
    © 2013. All Rights Reserved.

• 9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Constructora Esquivelde Red,

We strongly believe that the email that you are referring to is a phishing email. Your account will be compromise/hacked or hijacked if you reply to these kinds of emails. The message you have received is a phishing scam. The real Microsoft Support Team will never request password or any other personal information via email or IM.

Here are some things you can do to help your account more secure:

•Create a strong password

•Add security information to your account

•Don't sign in from a computer you don't trust

•Don't share your password

For more information on where to send your complaints, please refer to the Solution Article below:

How to report Abuse or Spam in Outlook.com

Regards,

Sergs P.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just received one of these bogus emails also. I truly wish there were some way to bring charges against these people who put a kink our daily lives.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JAMES FRANCO3720 ,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

As I understand your issue, you're receiving some phishing emails on your account. Let's see what we could do to resolve this issue.

You follow the steps provided by Sergs Yves P., to help resolve this concern.

Kindly check on this thread to help you recognize a genuine email or a spam/phishing filter. Just click on this link.

If you have further questions regarding Outlook.com, please don't hesitate to reply back.

Regards,

Joshua Rafael S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the posting, I also received this bogus attribution. Following is the (Moved bounce message for security purposes)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi melm151805,

We appreciate your time posting in Microsoft Community. If the email you received asks for your username, password or any other personal information and threatens you that your account will be closed if just in case you won't give it, please do not reply to these kinds of emails. This is for the security purposes of your account.

Please take note that the real Microsoft Support Team will never do it. This email is surely a phishing email which is designed by hackers to gain access to your account. This is for them to use it for their own purposes.

You might want to check out the links below to learn more information about the issue:

Learn how to recognize the 5 most common types of E-mail Scams

How to report Abuse or Spam in Windows Live Hotmail 

If you have any question or clarification, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,
    Today I received following e-mail for account deactivation, suddenly when I tried to access my account from cellphone after I acessed it from my laptop without closing the session. I don't know about the genuinity of this e-mail.

Subject: Outlook Alert: Email Account will be Closed
    Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:02:06 +0100

Dear Account Owner.

VERIFY THIS EMAIL ADDRESS TO AVOID IMMEDIATE CLOSURE

We have recently confirmed that different computers have logged onto your Hotmail account and multiple password errors have been entered. We are hereby suspending your account; as it has been used for fraudulent purposes.. Now we need you to reconfirm your account information to us. Click your reply tab, fill in the columns below and send it back to us or your email account will be suspended permanently.

Name: .........................................
    User Name :...................................
    Password: ................................
    Date of Birth ...............................
    Country or Territory...................

Here are some ways to help you manage your account after you reconfirm your account.
    1. Create an archive - Set up a folder on your PC’s hard drive where you can save large attachments. Then just delete them from your inbox. You’ll still have them and your in-box will be that much smaller.
    2. Make your filters work for you- Did you know you can set up your Hot mail account to immediately delete junk e-mail? Go to Options, and click Filters and reporting. Under the “Delete junk e-mail” section, select Immediately to delete junk e-mail right away. Once you’re finished, click Save and you’re done.
    Sincerely,
    The Windows Live Hotmail Team

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im received this emial claiming to be from microsoft outlook. Is it real or a scam:

From:  Microsoft account team (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
    Sent: Sat 11/22/14 9:51 PM
    To:
    Dear User,

This e-mail has been sent to you by Outlook  inform you that we were unable to verify your account. This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information. (eg:  address, phone)
    2. illegal use of your account from a different location.

Due to this, to ensure that your email service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your information today by following the link below

Outlook ! Mail Product Management.

Copyright © 2014 Mail! Inc. (Co. Reg. No. 2344507D) All Rights Reserved. Intellectual Property Rights Policy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

YOUR MOB NO.HAS WON 2CRORES 65 LAKH AND A CAR FROM LAND ROVER MOTORS PROMO,FOR CLAIM SEND YOUR NAME,ADD,MOB NO.SEX,AGE,OCC TO EMAIL ID:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** tell me that it is fake are real can I sent the details to them or not please help me 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 97,201 Applies to: