MSN mail update?

I got an email from MSN saying that I need to verify my account to avoid termination process. It then says my account has been automatically upgraded and that I need to verify my email to continue usage, saying it's for my "own safety"

I don't trust this email, since the email looks unprofessional and the email does not have that trusty green icon. Is the MSN team really updating and terminating accounts or is this spam?

Hi Natsuki,

Email accounts ending in @msn.com are powered by Outlook.com, and will be upgraded with improved look and performance. Check out this link for more information about Outlook.com.

As for the email that you received, we recommend checking this article to guide you in determining if it's legitimate or a phishing scam.

Let us know if you have questions.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The email ends in @outlook.com. I just find the email suspicious because of its grammar usage and a subtle threat at the end of the email that says, "Note: Please do not ignore this email to avoid your account been closed"

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We recommend reporting that email so that our team can review it. Please click this link and follow the instructions under How to report a scam.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I reported it as a phishing scam

Update: I got another email from the MSN team that says Microsoft Outlook will discontinue support on my account and security and it I don't update my account on or before the 17th, I won't be able to read and send emails, among other things

Then there's the tab "Update Your Account" which leads me to logging in, which I'm hesitant to do. And again, the email doesn't have that green icon by the email

Can Outlook really disable my privileges all because I don't want to upgrade my account? Or is this another scam? Either way, I don't like it

The email was sent by *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

21 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 5,867 Applies to: