Microsoft issue number

Hello I have a Microsoft issue number for an Hotmail email account I cannot get into. I provided a backup email account and used the code you provided me with so that I could fill in the details of the form provided. This for was asking the name of the email account the address and post code **** well as around 4 email addresses that are likely to be connected to this email account. there were also 4 subject heading too which when filled in as much as I could remember to do with that account should be in my belief enough information to prove I am who I say I am regarding this email account I can NO LONGER get into. please NOTE this account is of PARAMOUNT importance!! After filling in the form I was told you would get back to me within 24hrs which has now passed also you provided me with an issue number which is:- *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Please NOTE the email address I am acting on behalf is my friend who is called Steven Dickinson because my friend has little to no experience with computers, especially dealing with locked out/forgotten passwords. This is of that paramount that all accounts such as Ebay,Paypal, are ALL linked to this account.

Kind regards

John Parker

Note that we're not Microsoft here. These are peer-to-peer forums.

Filling out the forms is the only way to recover an Outlook.com account. You may have to fill them out multiple times with different information each time before you'll be able to recover. I had to submit three separate forms with differing info in each form before I was able to recover an account. It's supposed to be very hard to recover an account. It it weren't, anyone could take over someone else's account.
Brian

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There is not anyone in this open forum who can help you with the specific issue of yours. You must contact MS support. When filling out forms like the one you refer to, you must be exactly accurate.

Usually, the recipient's email address and accurate text of message heading are needed. This is necessary so that the check can be done by machine.

What was the reason for your being locked out from your account? Here are some ideas that might help you

Procedures for password recovery / account recovery.

The reasons for the recovery can be several: Forgotten password or Microsoft has locked the account for some reason.

Important:

If an account is not accessed for one year, the account becomes inactive and all emails are deleted. The account can only be recovered if you know the address and password.

If you have not accessed the account for two years, the account is permanently closed. Recovery is not possible and the address cannot be used as an alias or to create a new account.

Restoring a password or account normally requires that you have created security information for your account that allows Microsoft to verify the account holder. E.g. mobile number and other email address for receiving verification code.

If such information is missing, you must fill in forms that prove your ownership. In addition to personal data, information from one's email conversation may be required. Do you have access to it e.g. via mobile, where logout is usually not done, it is an advantage. If not, contact some people and ask for help. Usually, the recipient's email address and accurate text of message heading are needed. This is necessary so that the check can be done by machine.

Another way is to reset the account on your own, which assumes that a recovery code has been generated.

In summary, it is important that you plan for a recovery when the account is created.

Resetting the password is usually easier to recover from than resetting the account. In the first case, the account opens automatically after a certain time.

Reset password if it is forgotten

Go to sign into your account: https://account.microsoft.com/account

Select Forgot your password?

Do you have recovery information to receive verification code?

Do you have an account recovery code (25 characters)? (See also Recover account).

If you have been able to use any of the options above, the reset will be undramatic.

If you do not have any of those, you must enter a temporary email address that is immediately available to you, for the continuation of the recovery process.

Assistance from MS account support via forms: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12401/microsoft-account-get-help-by-email

After a successful account recovery, including changing of password, it will be locked for a while (30 days)

More assistance: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-reset-or-recover-password

Open a locked account

The locking can be caused by unsuccessful password reset, failed login verification or questionable activity on account. Please note that it might be possible to use EMAIL even though the account is quarantined i.e. you are already logged in.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13956/microsoft-account-locked

To unlock your account, you must enter a security code you receive via text message from Microsoft. The phone number you use to receive this text message doesn't need to be associated with your account. It doesn't even need to be your own phone number. If your phone doesn't receive text messages, ask a friend or family member if you can use theirs. Microsoft won't save this phone number.

If you see a "usage limit exceeded" error message when requesting a security code, this could mean the phone number has been used too many times in a short period of time, or that we've detected something suspicious about the phone number. Then use a different number.

Recover account

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429

When you reset your account, the old verification information will be deleted, and you will need to enter a new (albeit temporary) email address that was not previously associated with the account. New reset code is generated, and two-step verification must be re-enabled. Once you re-enter your account, you can revert your old verification information.

Change password and / or security information

Should be done immediately if it is not already done.

Sign into your account: https://account.microsoft.com/account

Change Password

Supplement your security information to receive a message or verification code from Microsoft: Email account, Mobile number, Fixed phone number.

Enable 2-step verification

Create an account recovery code (25 characters)

Best regards

Janne

(an ordinary Swedish MS user)

--------
Keep it simple - Do it in the right order

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 4,845 Applies to: