Additional mailboxes in Outlook.com

Why is my gmail account icon in the left pane of outlook.com?

This account doesn't show up under connected accounts, but it's listed under Premium > Additional mailboxes, with the option to delete it. Other accounts I've added don't show up in the left pane. How would I add another account to the left pane if wanted? 

Answer
Answer

Hi tpane,

Thank you for posting here in the Microsoft Community Forum.

We see that you have concerns about your Gmail account that’s showing in the left pane in the Outlook.com website. Allow us to check on this and we’ll assist you in the best way we can.

Based on the screenshot included, it’s from a Microsoft account with an Office 365 subscription. As we’ve tried replicating this on our end using an account with subscription as well, we’ve seen that the additional mailbox that can be added and will show in the left pane of the Outlook.com page is for a Gmail account. Upon checking further, it seems like it can only add a Gmail mailbox in that portion in Outlook.com. Please see this image:

This is one of the premium features in Office 365 that allows user to manage their mailbox from Gmail through this Outlook web version. May we confirm which Microsoft 365 subscription do you have? Is it for Family, Personal, or for Business?

We’ve also tried adding other accounts and it shows under the connected accounts instead. Just to verify, which specific accounts did you add on your end? Is it another Outlook/Hotmail.com account or does it have a different domain name?

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2024 Views 855 Applies to: