Account locked, can't sms verify "Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow."

I've tried to login to my Hotmail account for a couple weeks now, it says it's suspended and wants me to verify with my phone. I type in my phone number press send code and it says "Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow." and I've tried for weeks now. Please help lol

Hi KungenNorling

Accounts are being blocked temporarily if there were any unusual activity that was noticed by the system. This is to protect you from any fraud or abuse that may occur. 

To unblock your account, Microsoft requires you to enter a code that you get via a text message. The phone number you use to receive this text message doesn't need to be associated with your account. It doesn't even need to be your own phone number. If your phone doesn't receive text messages, ask a friend or family member if you can use theirs. 

Note: Microsoft won't save any phone numbers you will use for this process.

You may follow the steps below to unblock your account: 

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com and sign in to your suspended account.
  2. Enter a phone number to request a security code be sent to you via text message. This can be any phone that can receive text messages. 
  3. After the text arrives, enter the security code into the web page.
  4. Change your password to complete the unblocking process. Use the tips in Help protect your Microsoft account to create a strong password. 

Note

• If you didn't receive your security code at the phone number you entered, try again or try a different number.
  • If your code doesn't work, make sure you enter the numbers in the body of the message, and not the numbers in the header.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Try to use a phone number (to get the text message) which is not associated with your Microsoft account, e.g. a phone number of one of your friends.

Microsoft MVP

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 5,871 Applies to: