Account has been locked

Hi, 

I current hotmail account has been locked. This has occurred because I decided to make an alternative outlook account. In the process of making an alternative account, when I tried to sign into the alternative account I was met with the message 'this account does not exist' so I assumed my account was not actually registered and I have to make another.

This led me to attempt to create a number of alternative accounts (around 5) because I kept receiving the same message. I am now aware of multiple accounts being something that breaches the microsoft agreement, however I wasn't aware I was doing unintentionally when creating these accounts as they supposedly did not exist/register. 

Now my original email has become blocked in the process because of this, and I cannot access it as it only allows me to use a phone number which I no longer have. I have tried multiple times to use the verification form but it is not helpful because I do not really send many emails. It is important as I have subscriptions and important information that I need to access on my email and i'm desperate to get my account back.

Any help on how to recover my account would be appreciated.

Thank you, 

BM

Hi there, I´m Ivania. I´m an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I´ll be glad to help you today.

Before doing the account recovery procedures make these recommendations:

- Clear your browser history.
- Try to sign in using a different browser.

To unlock the account, you must enter a security code received from Microsoft by SMS. It is not necessary for the phone number used to receive this SMS message to be associated with the account as you mentioned.
It does not have to be your own phone number.
If your phone does not receive SMS messages, ask a friend or relative to use their number.

1 - Access
https://account.microsoft.com/?refd=support.mic...

and log into your blocked account.

2 - Enter a phone number to request that a security code be sent by SMS message. It can be any phone that receives SMS messages, it doesn't necessarily have to be yours.

- After receiving the SMS, enter the security code on the web page.

- Change your password to complete the unlock process. Use the tips in Help protect your Microsoft account to create a strong password.

See more at:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Please try with another number and tell me if it worked.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi and when you cannot login to locked acc. what do you do then..?? 2 step is active cannot reset. becurse all my secretive info goes to the locked mail. i have tried everything. write to them a million times. just to get ignored. half of my windows cannot update becurse its locked. i had to move my office to my gmail acc. so I can get in contact to someone.   my mail address is old I've had it for 20 years. :(. they say its been used for downloading or sharing. but I have never done that. 

Microsoft

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Your account has been locked

We've detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.

Unlocking your account

To unlock your account, you'll need some additional assistance. Navigate to "aka.ms/compliancelock" and we'll get you to the right place.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

when i log into the account i am sent to the online verification process as my account is locked and i dont have access to the number linked to my account. Despite several attempts of unlocking my account i can’t unlock it. I don’t use my email to send many emails so is there another way i can verify my identity like formal ID as i desperately need access to my account! 

all help would be appreciated. 

thanks, 

BM

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I  NEED TO UNLOCK MY LAPTOP---WHAT DO I NEED TO D0 TO GET THE 7 DIGIT CODE WHIC IS NEEDED---ANYONE PLEASE HELP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

BM, You are welcome, good Sunday!

I understand, but let me know if you tried another phone number. It is not necessary to be yours, it can be from anyone you know. Try again with another phone number and let me know. If you already did it, see below.

Yes, there is another way to get the account by filling in the recovery form.

Please click on this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com...

it describes step by step and didactically how to recover your account.

Reminder:
1 - Tip: For alternative email try to put one of these accounts that you created (that you have access to the password).
2 - After submitting the form, you will be contacted by alternative email, usually in 1 to 2 hours, maximum 24 hours.
3 - Once you have validated your account, you will receive a password reset link that will take you back to access your account.

This process is our final path to sort this problem after all other attempts to regain access to your account have failed.
This process is the limit for resolving the problem after all other attempts to regain access to your account have failed. Fill out the form carefully. It goes straight to the Microsoft team.

If it doesn't work, let me know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ivania,

Hope you’re having a restful weekend. Thank you for your swift responses. I am a little confused. 

have only been given two options which are;

1. to receive a code from the number I no longer have access to which is associated with my original account. OR 
  2. to use the online verification steps which also asks for a code but this doesn’t let me change my password. I cannot provide sufficient evidence to get my account back and I have tried several times. I haven’t sent any emails recently unfortunately. 

Is there any way to provide a different number to change the password as you initially suggested as I am unable to do this. 

Thank you so much,

BM 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear BM,
What message does appears to you when you try to enter a different phone number than yours?
You also can enter your Skype login if you use it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't access my hotmail account and don't remember ANY of my questions, also I do not remember either  the password for my recovery account. :S . I got my phone deleted and I lost all the information, I really need help in order to recover my accounts.

Im absolutely desperate for help here!

I can't access my hotmail account, which i made so many years ago, i CANT remember ANY of my security questions because it was that long ago. I can remember all the basic stuff (shock-horror!) like my name and date of birth, and even the second email address i had linked to the account that's been blocked , but apparently its not enough information to get back in.

I do receive A LOT if important information through the blocked account  wich is linked to my phone bills and house bills, etc, and also my college stuff making it pretty damn clear how important it is that i get back in.

I need help from someone who is actually from Microsoft who can get me back into my account because this is just bloody ridiculous and that its absurd to expect people to remember information they might have put in over five/ten years ago. I've used hotmail for so long, have trusted it for all this time and have NEVER had any problems with hotmail, and now with this change (i tried to get outlook of my iphone the same way I had hotmail, was able to use hotmail without a glitch and then when i'm informed that i need to download outlook to be able to view my emails, get blocked out of my account and am now completely unable to access MY ACCOUNT THAT I USE since it's BLOCKED TO ME.

If anyone can help me out, without resorting to that form as i;ve tried this, and have tried to do the forgotten password and then clicking on customer service option because this is not an avaliable option to me apparently. My only saving grace is that i have a separate email address that i use only for work that i've even been able to access this forum.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ivania, I have attached the images above. 

I am not given an option to enter a number at all. When I type my password i am given the first message (picture 1) which notifies me that my account is locked. When I attempt to verify my account it only gives me an option to send a SMS code to my number i no longer have access to (picture 2) 

Then when i click the option ‘I don’t have these anymore’ (picture 3) i am sent to the online verification questionnaire which i have tried to fill in many times but the issue is i haven’t sent many emails, especially not recently so it wont verify my account this way.
Unfortunately i do not have a skype account either.

hopefully this is enough information and thank you for your help so far! 

BM

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear BM I'm sorry for not being able to help you now, my resources have run out, however, I will release your question so that another expert can help you better.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2024 Views 1,535 Applies to: