OUTLOOK ERROR MESSAGE WHEN SENDING EMAIL

I use Outlook to access two emails accounts, the one for personal email (Spectrum/Charter), and the other for work. The work email is working just fine.

However, all of a sudden this afternoon I am having trouble sending email from my personal (Spectrum/Charter) account. Every time I try to send email, regardless of who the recipient is, I get this error message...

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     RE: BISSELL Support Inquiry - [Incident: 191130-001752]

Sent:  12/8/2019 9:25 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'BISSELL Consumer Care' on 12/8/2019 9:25 PM

552 5.2.0 <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> sender rejected. AUP#O-1420

Can anybody tell me what the problem is and how I fix it? As I said, this is happening with every email I try and send, regardless of the recipient's email address.

Thank you!

Hi Strydoma1,

Hope this finds you well.

I'm Sherwin and I'm an independent advisor. I would like to help you on your issue.

Try to check the list of items that Microsoft provided by referring to the link below and proceed to "Outlook.com won't let me send an email":

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Fix-Ou...

Based on the bounce back emails, seems that your personal email account is blocked.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

Sherwin Chua

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Also shared an old forum having the same error by another advisor here that you can check on:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...
Regards,

Sherwin Chua

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, Sherwin!

The question I would have is: why would my personal email account suddenly be blocked?

This afternoon I tried sending test emails to myself at my business email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), and a few others at different domains, and ALL of them were undelivered with the same error message.

What could have happened to cause this?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Strydoma1,

There may many reasons why a certain domain is causing this kind of issue. Sometimes due to sender's system issue or spoofing of attackers that used that domain or even sometimes, they are being detected false positively by other system recipients.

I would also suggest to report this matter to Spectrum/Charter and be able to clear their domain.
Regards,

Sherwin Chua

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, Sherwin. Your help is much appreciated.

I was engaged in an outline chat with the Support people at Spectrum today, and they were most unhelpful. Eventually they simply told me this was not their problem, that it was a Microsoft problem, and that I should contact Microsoft for help. *Click*

So, what does one do now?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Strydoma1,

Probably another way you can check is try to login to a different machine or even on another network, then try to send an email from there and see if there's difference.

If same issue persists, and If you already checked the items in the first link I have provided, then we will have to wait for Spectrum to have it resolved on their system.
Regards,

Sherwin Chua

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you running third-party anti-virus software? This error has in the past been associated with AVG and Avast mail scanning, which is quite unnecessary and can cause problems. To test, you would have to uninstall the third-party product, using the maker's removal tool where available. Then send a simple test message to yourself. Quote any error message in your reply.
Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! Thanks so much for your response. I don't use AVG or Avast, but I do use McAfee.

This problem only cropped up yesterday afternoon out of the blue - before that things had worked just fine for at least the past year. I have not done any Microsoft updates or changed any email settings, server synch settings, etc. In fact, all my settings are exactly what Spectrum requires when using Outlook.

I access two email accounts using Outlook. The one account is for my personal, private (Spectrum) email, and the other is a work email account (andre.at.eecpetoskey.org). This problem is only happening with my Spectrum account - the work email works just fine. I am also experiencing the problem with both my office and home computers.

So, with that additional information, is there anything else you can suggest?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So, with that additional information, is there anything else you can suggest?

In your other thread (which I would have merged with this one had it not been locked by an Independent Advisor), you write "My outgoing mail port is 587, Encryption method is SSL/TLS, and there are NO check marks next to 'Require logon using SPA' or 'My outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication."

If you use port 587, then you must also select My outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication. This might well be the cause of the unusual error (O-1420) that you're seeing. Make that change, then send a new test message (with a unique subject) to the same (Spectrum) account. Quote any new error message in your reply.

Noel Burgess MVP (Ret'd)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for this. I did as you instructed, and received a test email from Microsoft with this message: "This is an email message sent automatically by Microsoft Outlook while testing the settings for your account."

However, I also received this message...again:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     TEST

Sent:  12/11/2019 9:14 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

Andre Strydom on 12/11/2019 9:14 PM

552 5.2.0 <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> sender rejected. AUP#O-1420

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 6, 2023 Views 6,007 Applies to: