i get error mail could not be delivered "552 5.2.0 ESMTP server not available AUP#O-1450" error message when forwarding email from a particular account through Outlook .

Only happens with Outlook mail but not directly through Spectrum web mail. I have narrowed it down to the body of the forwarded email having his email address listed. if i remove it the email goes through. Don't understand why Outlook is hanging on his mail address. If I cut and paste that address into the address of a new email it will send. Its not just my Outlook it's everyone in the company. Haven't had a chance to try it from my home computer.

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2019 Views 8,934 Applies to:

Hi Joe,

A 552 email error is typically encountered when there is a problem related to an attachment in your email. Either it has exceeded the size limits of the remote server, or the file-type isn't allowed by the remote server. Some mail servers also seem to use this error code incorrectly when blocking a message due to triggering a filter such as a URL in the message being found in a domain black list. To properly address your concern, we'd like to know more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you using a company provided email service?
  • Are you sending to a recipient within the same email domain?
  • does your email contains attachments?

Looking forward to your response.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Julie,

Same issue...Spectrum Customer. 

Started about 2 weeks ago receiving "5.2.0 ESMTP server not available AUP#O-1450" message code.  Currently using Spectrum Business Class with Office Outlook on both Mac & PC to forward email messages that has original message embedded into the message with no attachment. Only able to forward when every part of original email message is removed except person's name and phone number.  Please note: The size is not an issue and the file type worked previously on other emails sent from same companies.  The one consistency for our issue is that the message always has an embedded message with clients company contact information and website address.  Sometimes there is a photo embedded...but not always.  Troubleshooting consisted of forwarding original email messsage to email address with same domain and various email addresses with different servers.  Also, tried directly forwarding using Spectrum's webmail and unable to send within that mailbox also. Contacted Spectrum last Friday (6 days ago) & as of yesterday was told the issue had been elevated to a higher level of tech in the morning.    

Sorry this didn't help.

Mandelion7, has there been a fix applied from Spectrum yet? I too am a Spectrum client, I am getting same errors when replying to clients.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Sam,

There are few reasons why you might be getting that error message when applying the email server settings on for your Outlook to be able to get it to run like the email server settings needs to be reconfigured or it could maintenance is done on your email server. That being said, we advise you to have your issue raised through Spectrum's Online Forum. This is so concern's such as the error message that you receive would be looked into as this is already related to the email settings that needs further investigation with their support team.

If you have other questions or concerns in the future, we're just a click away.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have further narrowed it down to the recipient's email address being located in the body of the email. If I am replying to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** then i just need to delete the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from the body of the message and it will go. Spectrum will say if it works in web mail and fails in Outlook then it's not our problem.

Also if i reply to someone else and i place the email address of the person i can't reply to in this message it will fail.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.