private support request-unable to sign into hotmail account

Hi,

I couldn't find any other way to solve the hotmail issue.
My dad was unable to log in into his email account since a week ago. Whenever he tried to sign in, it will lead him to a page (https://account.live.com/acsr) where he is asked to verify some information in order to gain access to his account.

Some verification questions are as such: asking him the subject titles of recent emails he has sent, the email addresses of the recipients, any additional folders he created to store email.

But since he hasn't sent an email for a very long time, he don't remember the email addresses of the recipients nor the subject titles. Also, he did not create any additional folder to store email. So he failed to attain the verification of his email account. The update for account recovery request for his account is as such: "Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership."

This is a frustrating process. He was also unable to use his handphone number to verify his account as he has recently changed his phone number and did not have the time to change the details of the phone number in the email account.

Is there any way for my dad to get his account back?

Hello joycelynlee

Account related questions for {Hotmail} Outlook.com should be asked  here  

Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page. 
You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.

You can read further information about blocked accounts here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

I have a similar situation. But when I tried to go through the reset process - it does not work!!

I 've rec'd an email stating: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** password has been sent to this email address.

Nothing has been sent to me before or after!!!   I cannot reset my password, or get access to the account to at least review my emails.  Microsoft support guys (on the phone) were useless.

So frustrating that they created online system that does not work - took a lot of my time to try to activate and still no solution. PLEASE HELP!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Kseniyam

And you are asking us here why?  The above post correctly states that account related issues MUST be done online.  You need to go back to there (use the above link) and let THEM know you have not received it/
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same problem

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ,

Thank you for letting us know.

The Outlook.com Community is a good place to find answers to many of your how-to questions and get advice from other users and community members.  However, questions regarding your Microsoft account are not handled in a public forum due to the personal information involved.   

Refer to the link below to learn more about how to get help with your Microsoft account: Where do I get additional support for My Account and Information issues?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oaccount-omyinfo/where-do-i-get-additional-support-for-my-account/182df1b3-4c80-42e7-8bc0-b4e041dbed6e

Thanks.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 515 Applies to: