Microsoft Account Locked (Compliance Lock)

Hi,

When logging in to any Microsoft service I receive the message:

Your account has been locked

We’ve detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.

Unlocking your account

To unlock your account, you’ll need some additional assistance. Navigate to "aka.ms/compliancelock" and we’ll get you to the right place.

When I follow the link and fill out the form I received the reply that I violated the Code of Conduct and won't be able to access the services anymore. Any charges to my linked credit card will be stopped.

It does not tell me how I violated the Code of Conduct, nor does it tell me how to reinstate my account, while the form I filled out is called "account reinstatement". It also does not tell me how to retrieve my data.

The form states: "Your account has been suspended for suspicious activity, sending unsolicited emails, or for violating of Microsoft’s Terms of Use agreement, such as hosting photos, video or other content in violation of the Code of Conduct."
I'm pretty sure though I did not send SPAM or hosted/posted/shared inappropriate content. As for suspicious activity, I'm not sure what is included here, but I'm a basic user of the services.

What I would like to know is:

1. How did I violate the CoC? In my opinion you can't just cut people off without providing a clear argument on what happened. As far as I can tell I did not violate any of the 10 commandments listed in the CoC.
  2. This account has existed for 23 years and never before has it been reviewed for any violation (that I know of). How can you just disable it and tell me I will never be able to use it again? (without providing any reason)
  3. How will I retrieve my data and access my purchased and payed for licenses?
    • Hotmail email conversations (not a priority as I don't use it for email and my last email sent was from March).
    • Onedrive data, including pictures of the early days of my children's lives. (I pay for additional storage)
    • Access to my Azure resources, connected to my MSDN subscription.
    • My (payed) Skype-In phone number I use for my business.
    • My MCP ID and transcript. This is my professional learning transcript but also counts towards my company's Microsoft Parnter Network competencies.
    • My digitally purchased XBOX games and apps (not a priority)

I've called and chatted with support, local and world-wide, for different services, but all are receiving the same answer from the CDOC team, as can be found under ticket number ***removed for privacy***, which I find unacceptable.

It's been 14 days now... Please help!

Regards,

Reinto_123

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Reinto_123,

I've sent you a private message, kindly check it here.

Thanks.

149 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I go the same. 9 days ago I couldn’t login anymore. Authenticator gives service error and when I try from my PC it came up with the same message that due to compliancy my account was locked. So filled the same form and still no answer from CDOC. However strange thing was in November Microsoft billed me twice within two days for Office Home. I rejected the second one and I think that was the cause of the full lockdown. But cause of the no response I have no clue what caused this. Hope anyone can help me further?

125 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Oscar 1911,

I've sent you a private message, kindly click on this link to view it.

Thanks.

73 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update:

After Regile contacted me and asked me for my personal contact details, I had two calls with a support agent called Thomas.

During the first call on Friday, 26 December Thomas asked me to fill out the Account Recovery Form, the one where you answer a bunch of questions on how you have used the account in the past (So not the Account Reinstatement form at https://aka.ms/compliancelock). I told him I already tried that (twice) and I hadn't had a response after the second attempt.

So Thomas checked out my form results and concluded I was who I claimed to be. He also guaranteed me that I would have my account back soon. I would just have to wait for a few more days since the Online Safety team does not work on weekends. I replied that I wasn't going to get my hopes up, after which he strongly guaranteed once more that I would have my account back.

Then, on 31 December, Thomas called me again to let me know I was not getting my account back. All he could say was that he was sorry and that the Online Safety team would get in touch to provide steps to "proceed".

It's been 27 days now since my account got locked and I am still waiting to find out what I'm being accused of. And how to get my belongings back. This has been quite nerve racking and damaging to my business.

"Our mission is to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more." it says on the Mission Statement. I wonder if this is what they had in mind.

PS. I don't blame anything on Thomas as he was just as astonished as I was with the answer from the Online Safety team, I imagine.

112 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same problem since monday I couldn’t login anymore. Please someone help me

I filled the form available at aka.ms/compliancelock but since I have no news. I really need to get this account back asap it's urgent.

96 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When you get compliancy lock you wont get back your account. All time is wasted. OneDrive, Email and other Data hosted is continiously scanned by Microsoft. When they say encrypted it is only with their private keys. Trusting your data on their platform....

68 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

that's scrary, I'm going to move to Google

75 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here and just wondering if anybody got their accounts unlocked again? 

Support suggested I create a new account and move my paid subscription over from the blocked one but I would loose all emails, onedrive files etc. 

After this experience I obviously do NOT want a new Microsoft account but not even a refund for my leftover 9 months office subscription is possible. 

48 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

that's scrary, I'm going to move to Google
I'm not sure other cloud providers are any better. People will find out that (near-free) cloud services will get you burned in the long run.

97 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here and just wondering if anybody got their accounts unlocked again? 

Support suggested I create a new account and move my paid subscription over from the blocked one but I would loose all emails, onedrive files etc. 

After this experience I obviously do NOT want a new Microsoft account but not even a refund for my leftover 9 months office subscription is possible. 

Not me. How would you transfer your subscriptions to a new Microsoft account? What kind of subscriptions would that be?

No refunds here either. Although they stated in the CDOC (Online Safety) email that they would immediately stop charging my credit card, they did charge for the additional Onedrive storage on January 6 while my account got locked on December 11.

All communication via this forum has also stopped since I've been told CDOC would contact me with details and steps to move on. Which of course never came. That was 19 days ago.

224 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 128,895 Applies to: