Mail from Outlook Team - Account Alerts- Genuine or Not

Hi,

I am getting e-mails allegedly from Outlook team asking me to click on Links given in the mail. The subject Line states -- Account Alert.

These mails state that there is some kind of product/system upgrade done by Outlook team and I need to verify my alternate e-mail address (by clicking on the given link in the mail body) and another mail came this morning asking me to click on a link which will upgrade my account.

The mails warn that If I fail to act, then my account will be suspended in 48 hours.

So far, I have not acted /clicked on those links.

I want to know if this mail is genuine or some kind of effort for Phising/spamming/hacking,

Please help.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

I am getting e-mails allegedly from Outlook team asking me to click on Links given in the mail. The subject Line states -- Account Alert.

These mails state that there is some kind of product/system upgrade done by Outlook team and I need to verify my alternate e-mail address (by clicking on the given link in the mail body) and another mail came this morning asking me to click on a link which will upgrade my account.

The mails warn that If I fail to act, then my account will be suspended in 48 hours.

So far, I have not acted /clicked on those links.

I want to know if this mail is genuine or some kind of effort for Phising/spamming/hacking,

Please help.

Hi Irus,

1. Without seeing the email & link{s} provided... it is difficult for us to tell.

However I suspect it is a phishing scam designed to frighten people into clicking a link that doesn't go to Microsoft.

2. Phishing email messages often contain phrases like:

• "Verify your account."

• "Update your account."

• "During regular account maintenance…"

• "Failure to update your records will result in account suspension."

3. FYI

Microsoft has a green shield on the sender's name.

Please check the emails you have received.

211 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 8, 2024 Views 32,586 Applies to: