It looks like we don't have permission to get mail for (email address)

I keep getting message "It looks like we don't have permission to get mail for , Please update your credentials,  I have  done this from the options, connected accounts menu but still receive the same message from Outlook.com. I can receive my email from Outlook 2016 and my web server email site, so I know that the username and password are correct and valid, but each time I try to update credentials on Outlook.com it tells me "Update in progress" and shows me 10/25/2017 as last made connection I guess?  Because still receiving "It looks like we don't have permission to get mail for ( Email address ). How do we solve Outlook.com problems, I never changed any info before problem started

i have the same request continually from Microsoft and have not responded to it as I don't know if it is a scam or not

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I figured it out at last :)  You have to log into your outlook account on the web and follow the instructions micrsosoft provides.  The alias information is stored in the cloud and not in the outlook client you use on your desktop, phone or other personal device.

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Bruce I'll give that a try

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2023 Views 4,727 Applies to: