Can't create a New email account at Live.com with a Live.com domain.

I’m trying to create a new Live.com email address for my friend on her new Windows 8 Laptop. When I go to the “create an account” webpage, the option to choose @live.com is not available. As you can see in the picture below, all the other options such as outlook.com and hotmail.com are there.  Are the email addresses at live.com no longer available?  Is there still going to be a continued working domain for the current users of live.com? 

Is there a temporary problem with the domain or have they just stopped offering email accounts temporally? I have made numerous searches on the web regarding why live.com is not an account choice when creating a new email address but there hasn't been any information. You would think that there would be some information somewhere about why live.com was no longer a valid email address and what if anything will happen to the current customers with a live address.

If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

I can't create a New email account at Live.com with a Live.com domain.

Erik C.

Answer
Answer

Hello

You can't get @live.com anymore, it's has been replaced by @outlook.com. Don't know why @hotmail.com still exists... There is however no difference between live and outlook, only new design and new domain name.

Sorry for the short answer, but thats all that there is to say. 

Yuri

2014-2019 MVP Windows Experience | windowsinstructed.com

220 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2024 Views 83,745 Applies to: