Unable to Sign into Outlook

I am currently unable to access my Outlook account from either my mobile device or PC, this issue has only started this morning.  I can get to the sign in page, sign in and get re-directed to a page which says "Sorry there seems to be a problem with Outlook right now" Please advise when this will be fixed as I need access to these emails for work

Hi jessnorris,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I understand you are getting an error message when logging in to Outlook.com, let me help you.

We recommend that you optimize the browser to make sure that it isn’t contributing to this issue. This will also serve as an initial troubleshooting to clean up cookies and browsing history and also improve browser performance.

For Internet Explorer, you can simply press (Ctrl + Shift + Del) key, check all the boxes when Delete Browsing History window pops up. Click Delete and then OK.

For other browsers, please click this link.

If that doesn't work, please try in-depth troubleshooting like browser reset and disabling add-ons. Please click the link below:

Is Internet Explorer slow? 5 things to try

We would like to investigate further on this issue, please reply to us with the affected email address, screenshot and Fiddler Trace so we can investigate further.

In order to get a screen shot, follow the link provided below:

Here are the steps to upload a screenshot:

1. On the private message, click Upload a File.
2. Click Browse.
3. Navigate to where the file you want to upload is saved on your computer and click Submit.

If you can provide us the Fiddler Trace that would be a great help. This is a diagnostic tool which will tell us exactly what is generating the issue you have experienced. This will take a few minutes to do, and it requires extra steps on your part. Your privacy is very important to us. I assure you that no personal or account information will be passed on in the Fiddler trace.

To know how to capture the Fiddler Cap traces, please follow the steps in this
article.

Here are the steps to upload a Fiddler Cap trace:

1. On the private area of the moderator's post, click Upload a File.
2. Click Select.
3. Navigate to where the file you want to upload is saved on your computer and click Submit.

I have started a Private Message for you where you can post these sensitive information.

Please click the notification that states "You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message section" or by clicking the "Private Messages" tab above your first post. Please note here that you have replied to my private message. Make sure that you are signed in so that you could see it.

Thank you for your patience.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Leah V.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Leah,

The issue resolved itself in the afternoon, however I will keep an eye on in tomorrow and see if it happens again.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Leah V.

Before replying and telling people to try this or that, why not look at http://downrightnow.com/hotmail which will tell you that Hotmail/Outlook has been failing for 24 hours and is totally down for the last 3 hours.

When wil MS admit there are serious failings with this service. I have not been able to use Outlook.com all day.

Bad.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi jessnorris and Mercedes1954,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. Please be informed that we had a recent server outage and it has been resolved. Kindly check the status here for the latest update on this issue.

On the other hand, we value your thoughts about Outlook.com and we perfectly respect your comments and suggestions. Both positive and negative. Feel free to post on our feedback page.

If you still experience the same problem, let us know or report it to us.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 542 Applies to: