Unable to sign in to Outlook.com

My Outlook.com account is not working does anyone have the same problem. It stop working on yesterday

NOTE: The title of this post was edited to help customers find this topic easily in their search results.

Hi,

We understand your concern about errors on your Outlook account. Please provide the following information in order to investigate your issues:

• Does the same issue happen when accessing the account through a different browser?
  • Does the same issue happen when accessing the account through a different computer? Internet connection?

It is possible that you are experiencing this issue because of your browser. We suggest that you optimize your browser. To optimize your browser, please follow this link

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

For Internet Explorer browser, please follow this link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/optimize-internet-explorer

Also, you could download the latest version of browser. Please refer to this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/supported-browsers?SignedIn=1

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Me too from yesterday I cannot sign in. Why need to make an upgrade and didnt work well. Hope to fix this problem as soon as possible.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried different browsers and computers, and have optimized my browser; however, I still cannot access my Outlook.com account.  What was the point of switching from gmail to outlook if it won't work properly.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We understand your concern about errors on your Outlook account. Please provide the following information in order to investigate your issues:

• Does the same issue happen when accessing the account through a different browser?
  • Does the same issue happen when accessing the account through a different computer? Internet connection?

It is possible that you are experiencing this issue because of your browser. We suggest that you optimize your browser. To optimize your browser, please follow this link

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

For Internet Explorer browser, please follow this link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/optimize-internet-explorer

Also, you could download the latest version of browser. Please refer to this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/supported-browsers?SignedIn=1

Thanks!

I had the same problem before. Last time my a/c was changed to new Outlook interface. I surfed the web, none of the suggestions would help. At last my restore my a/c to old Hotmail interface, everthing was back to normal. Now my a/c was changed to new Outlook interface AGAIN and the SAME problem appear!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for the delayed reply and for any inconvenience this issue might have caused you. We can imagine how difficult the situation is for not being able to access your account especially if you have important emails you need to have access with. Let me help you on this issue.

For starters, please be informed that there has been recent outages and server maintenance that rendered some Microsoft account users, unable to access their accounts. I encourage you to sign in to this link: https://status.live.com/history using the affected account to check if you were part of any of these server maintenance or outages. In case you were affected, please be informed that the issue was fixed and accessing the accounts should not be a problem.

If you will continue to experience any errors or issues, please optimize your browser by following the link the provided by Kim_S. on her reply. Also, please make sure that you have a supported browser when accessing the account to ensure a smooth online experience with Outlook.com.

The upgrade to Outlook.com will be imposed on all Microsoft account users. Getting back the old interface will not be possible. You may refer to the article below for more details.

If you have clarifications you can always post back for further assistance.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am unable to sign into Outlook.com for my email account.  When I created this account

the first time I understood I could keep the same email and password that I used for

MSN Hotmail.   I know I could sign into it at the time.  But I cannot sign into it now.

My email address and password is linked with my Windows Live email.  If I have to

change passwords, I will have to change it in Windows Live as well.

I don't understand this at all.  I can still get mail through Windows Live.  But I cannot sign

into Outlook.  Why is that?

I need to get into it.  There is something I have to verify.  At this stage I am locked

out.

I have cleaned out my cookies cache.  If I connect using HTTP, will this affect my

Window Live Mail?  Until I know it is safe I won't change to it.

Do I need to upgrade to IE10.  I am using IE9 now.  I read a comment, I believe here,

that said someone couldn't sign in using IE10.  I don't want to change if this will

happen to me.  The only way I can access my mail at this time is through Windows Live.

If I sign out of it.  I may lose access to my mail completely.

I am not using Skye.  I don't want it connected at all.  I have turned it off in my

start-up items so it won't load.  I don't have messenger.  Certainly this can't be

affecting my Outlook??

Outlook allowed me to keep my old email address and password.  I do not want

to change it.

What is the solution?

Please reply ASAP!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern here at Microsoft Community. I understand that you cannot access your account. There are many reasons why you can't sign in to your account. Please be guided by the link below to know more information about the issue as well as its corresponding solution.

I cannot sign into my account. What can I do to solve this issue?

We are requesting you to post your question as a private support request. This would allow one of our moderators to handle your concerns directly.

Please click on the appropriate error message below to view the steps to resolve your issue:

It is better to post your concern in private so that your personal information can only be viewed by you and the assisting moderator.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 869 Applies to: