Sign in without domain name

I set up my own domain with outlook.com. When I sign in, I have to use the email address with the domain name, such as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I am wondering whether I can customize the log-in interface of outlook.com so that the domain name is already there. If the domain name is lenthy, it is very cumbersome to enter it every time. Google apps allows that.

HI Zegang Dong,

Thank you for posting your concern in the Microsoft community and we are happy to assist you regarding your issue in making your on Domain.

Just to clarify on the steps that you had done to setup the domain. These are the steps to setup the domain for outlook.com

can easily upgrade to Outlook.com UI by simply following the steps below:

1. Log in to http://mail.live.com with your custom domain email address
  2. From your inbox, click the "Options" menu in the top right corner and select "Upgrade to Outlook.com" from the drop-down list
  3. Follow the prompts to enable the new Outlook interface

Further, once you have successfully upgraded your custom domain email account to the new Outlook interface, you can easily create a new@outlook.com email alias for your existing custom domain email address:

1. Log in to http://www.outlook.com with your custom domain email address
  2. From your inbox, click the options "cog" icon in the top right corner, and select "More mail settings" from the drop-down list
  3. Under the "Managing your account" heading on the "Options" page, click on "Create a Outlook alias"
  4. Follow the prompts to setup your new @outlook.com alias

If you've already done with the steps and still encountering the same issue. Kindly get the following information.

1. Exact error message or screen shot of the issue
  2. Impacted account

Get back to us with any results.

Thanks!

Joshua Rafael S.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for your reply! I think that I didn't write my question clearly.

Suppose that I have already set up my own domain name with outlook.com, and my email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. And suppose that mail.mydomain.com is directed to outlook.com.

When I go to mail.mydomain.com, what I see is still a standard outlook.com log-in interface. Thus, I have to input the full email addess, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, to log-in.

However, google apps allows a customized log-in interface, in which mydomain.com is already there. So I only have to type in xyz to log-in.

Please see http://mail.tacdm.com as an example!

If the domain name is lengthy, such a customized log-in interface can save a lot of time.

I am wondering whether outlook.com allows similar customization.

Thanks!

Zegang

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zegang,

Thank you for the information you have provided. I understand that you would like to have a customized log-in interface for your the users in your domain so that they don't have to sign in using their complete email address. Please be informed that the feature to create a customized log-in interface is currently not available. You can submit this feature request in our feedback site so that our Product Team can consider this for a future release. Click here to visit our feedback site.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2024 Views 2,559 Applies to: