I cannot access my hotmail account at all.

Hello Outlook team

I have my hotmail account created roughly about 10years ago in Japan with .co.jp domain.

Currently I live in Sydney, Australia

I used to have a simple password just containing numbers(which I remember) but from my memory I had to change it last year using mixture of capital letters etc I couldn't remember my new password so I tried to recover my password using secret question. But..

Security question????????

I am assuming it's mojibake  because security question was in Japanese 10years ago.

So I went to Japanese outlook site but..It says...

Security question:????????

I can not answer the security question if I can't read the question!

So what I did was follow the instruction and request to recover my account. I had a quick reply saying..

We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership of this account using the information you provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.

I did this about 5time today and never worked. I am assuming that the reason you guys couldn't verify my ownership is because "recent sent email" that I can provide is only my work email address.I wasn't using this account for a while.

Even I was not using this account often in the last few years, I do have important personal information that I need to access stored in this account. It is my fault that I can not remember the new password but if I cant read the security question I can not answer.

Can anyone from Microsoft call me? and I can provide any information needed to prove my ownership.

If anyone from outlook or MSN Japan could get back to me that will be great.

I saw a lot of Japanese people having exact same mojibake issue with old hotmail.co.jp domain on the internet world. (A lot of them are giving up their account!) and there is not much Japanese information about how to fix this problem. 

If we get reply/advise from outlook team on this forum,  I am sure this will be great for other people having "mojibake issue with secret question" so I will wait for outlook team's reply.

Kind Regards

Tony

Answer
Answer

Tony

I understand your frustration...
But please understand that we can not expedite your request here.

All account related issues are dealt with here
Select the error you need help with and fill out the requested details on the next page. 
You need to be signed in with a Microsoft account to access the form.

You can read further information about blocked accounts here

I wish we could help but only a select few have access to accounts.

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 591 Applies to: