How to sign in to my Outlook account with my phone number

Hi,

According to this screen shot below, I can either sign in to my account with my e-mail address or my phone number.

However,  when trying typing in my phone number, then error showed me, although my phone number is added in my account profile.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Microsoft has recently released a new way of signing up and logging in for Microsoft Accounts - phone numbers!

This is similar to Facebook, wherein you can use your phone number to login to your account. Windows Phone also has this feature particularly at sign up, which makes it easy for you to immediately use your phone without providing another email address.

Since this is a new feature, you'll need to manually set up your existing Microsoft Accounts to use your phone number as your login. To do so, you need to add the phone number as an alias.

An alias is different from your security info - A security info is used as a way of getting a code for your account to verify your ownership to it, since you were the one who set it up for the account in the first place. An alias, on the other hand, is basically another name for your Microsoft Account. You can have multiple email address as your alias, but it still refers to one Microsoft Account.

Here's how you can use your phone number as the login for your Microsoft Account.

1. Login your account at https://account.live.com/

2. Click on Your Info on top of the page.

3. It will display a brief description of your account. Click on Manage your sign-in email or phone number

*Depending on your settings, you may be prompted for a code to verify your ownership. You can go ahead and request for a code to proceed.

4. You'll be at the Manage your account aliases page. Click on Add phone number.

5. Select your country for the country code, type in your phone number, and select on how to get a code via call or text.

6. Once you got the code, provide it on the procedure.

And you're done! The phone number is added as an alias for your Microsoft Account. You can now login to it using the phone number.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 13,750 Applies to: