"Account doesn't exist" yet i can't create account with that ID

I need to reset my live.com password but when i try it says the account doesn't exist.  however, i cannot create an account with that email address. it then says that ID is taken.
 If your account was marked inactive it would not exist.  There is an additional 30 days before the security hold is cleared and during that time the EMAIL address will remain "taken"

You should be able to create a new account with the same email address after that but the data has been deleted. 

Have you tried using this to recover your account already? If you're being told your account does not exist, you should create a thread about this here. Once you do that, you can work directly with the moderators to resolve the situation. You will need to sign in with an alternate account to create a thread. If you don't have one, you can make one here

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When i try to recover the account i get "The Microsoft account you've entered does not exist."

I will try the other forum...

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

FYI

The Microsoft account forum has been recently retired and all account related questions must now be asked online here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Stan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please be reminded that an account will be inactive if you do not sign in for 365 days or within the first 10 days after registration. The account, together with its data (emails, contacts, etc), will then be removed if it has been inactive for 365 days. When the account is deleted, the user name is immediately available for registration.

Based on your issue description, you need to post your questions to our private support (Microsoft Account/the link you've posted above). This would allow us to handle your concerns directly.

I have locked this thread. For customers who also have the same problem, we encourage you to post your concerns to our private support.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 4,214 Applies to: