You force me to change my password, because I logged in from work?

"Because it looks like someone else was using your password, you need to choose a new one. "

And this is the only information you give my why you decided someone else was using my password?

Without giving me ANY information what was the reason you decided it was someone else. It probably was my login at work on Thursday, but I cannot be sure, since you treat your customers like idiots and give us no info.

And then you don't let me have my old password back?????

Have you any idea to what your forced password changes, and all those million requirements lead to?

At work I have a .txt file on my desktop with login and passwords to all sites I use, since I cannot remember all 9 of them - because they all have different change times and have different password requirements, so I cannot use the same pass on more than 2 of them.

Well That really helps improve security, now  doesn't it. Forcing everyone to have their passwords written down and easy to learn from someone else.

Are trying to force me to migrate go Gmail? I have already reverted win 10 on PC, and switched from win 10 to Android phone after your previous failings, so I'm not making idle threats. And I already have a Gmail after the migration to android, I just decided to keep using Outlook. Until now.

But I guess you actually don't care about your customers, now do you. After all, you're still a quasi-monopoly on OS market.

Just remember that IE was once also a quasi-monopoly. And the customers of monopolies tend to be not-happy from the way monopolies take them for granted.

But you could at least learn from the other quasi-monopolies - If I used Facebook from another browser, another computer out of town, I get a "log in alert" indicating the town and browser type that attempted to log into my account!  which gives me a chance to "review log information....."  and "confirm log in" WITHOUT forcing me to change my password after the log-in.

So, why does Microsoft CANNOT offer me the same pertinent information, and such convenient way to log in from other places???

Quite funny, how your automatic system asks me via E-mail if my question has been answered, with the thread receiving 0 attention from Microsoft.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 266 Applies to: