Why isnt microsoft sending my code to my phone number?

Hello,

I have been trying repeatedly to get my email back and Microsoft's services will not send me a code to access my account. I have the correct phone number and it wont send it and the helpline is useless if you ask it a question it tells you to get off the phone. There is zero live chats or support.

My account has many things tied to it and i cannot access it because your services will not send me the code.

PLEASE CONTACT ME

|

Dear Brian Lejeune

Good day. Thank for posting in the community. 

We've received your query and you can expect to receive response from one of our community moderator accordingly. 

At this point, we appreciate your patience and cooperation. Thank you. 

Sincerely, 

Community moderator  

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Brian Lejeune,

Thank you for reaching out to the Microsoft community.

According to your description in the support category "Outlook / Web / Outlook on the web for business / Email".

Before moving forward, May I please re-confirm if your email account is related to the Microsoft 365 Business Basic / Standard / Enterprise / Microsoft 365 Education subscription service or any other Microsoft subscription service, such as Microsoft 365 Personal/Family or Office 365 Home & Business or Student?

If you have an email account related to Microsoft 365 Business Basic / Standard / Enterprise / Microsoft 365 Education subscription service, I need to confirm whether are you Office 365 global admin or an End user person?

Because this is very important information.

If you have an email account related to the Microsoft 365 Education subscription service, I'd like to share important information, this scenario is connected to the email account for the two-step verification method, and different Microsoft subscription services have different configuration and support options.

==========================================================================

I didn't find the email account type or Microsoft subscription service related information in the case description, but I'll provide the following information based on our support limits. Because, since we're from the Microsoft 365 Business/Education support team and we provide a potential address for Microsoft 365 Business Basic/Standard/Enterprise/Education subscription services, the concern is related to this category of support.

In the order of the given scenario, if you have an email account related to Microsoft 365 Enterprise/Education subscription services that is provided by the global administrator of the related organization and if you are an end user, you will need to contact the Office 365 global administrator of your enterprise tenant organization for an MFA-related situation.

Because they're managing or resetting the MFA (multi-factor authentication) scenario on their end using the Microsoft Entra admin center. They may need to perform the Reset MFA or Require MFA session reregistration/revocation option for the user account.

This is the official document that applies to the Global Administrator reference: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID | Microsoft Learn

Once your organization's global admin has reset MFA for your account, you'll need to set up two-step verification again.

==================================================================================================

In addition, if necessary, the Office 365 Global Administrator of the related organization can also contact Microsoft's frontline support team via an open service request from the admin center for further resolution of the situation related to end-user two-step verification.

Since forum moderators don't have any authority to perform password resets or an MFA-related situation in this public community. Because this case is related to account security and can be done by the global administrator or the specific Microsoft support team. A certain standard process is required.

After diagnosing the scenario, our technical support team can provide possible information and guidance on your part to the administrator.

For this standard process, here's the official Office Global Administration Reference document: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn (online option).

Here are some important notes:

End users should contact the Office 365 Global Administrator in their respected company, school, or university organization to perform some standard process and connect with the frontline support team for further resolution.

If any organization's Office 365 Business/Business/Education subscription is from a syndicated partner or reseller, and if the global admin can't open the service request on your end, you may need to contact the reseller's support provider so they can help the global admin open the service request on your ultimate heir. after the Office 365 support team participates in the service request created.

Note that the above information applies to Microsoft 365 Business Basic/Standard/Enterprise (E3/E5)/Microsoft 365 Education subscription services.

===============================================================================================

If I don't understand your initial description, you will need to correct me with a brief piece of information, for example, if you are an admin person for this mentioned scenario. Because this information will help us give more instructions for the administrator account scenario. But, first you need to know it on your side.

==================================================================================================

If your email account has been associated with different subscription services, such as Office 365 Family/Personal/Home & Business/Home & Student/Outlook.com, you must provide information about your subscription for further instructions. Since there are several different types of Microsoft accounts and subscriptions, they have different service and support options.

I would greatly appreciate your valuable cooperation and valuable time.

Sincerely,
Vaidya Darpan

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 42 Applies to: