Why am I locked out of my Hotmail account, and why do none of the online "fixes" work to solve the problem? I have read forums where many, many others are experiencing the same problem.

This issue has been ongoing for months and needs to be fixed ASAP. Everything I have in my account contains highly important information, and I need to gain access to it. Please, I am an 69 year old man who has to get into his account. Please help me and all the others dealing with this problem.

Thank you,

Keith Adams

***Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For home / Other***

|

Hello  Keith Adams2

I'm Morning, and I'm honored to support you! Welcome to the Microsoft Community!

We understand that you have been struggling with your account being locked out for several months, and that you have read many forum threads about recovering your account. We understand that this is causing you confusion!

If you want to learn more about why accounts are locked and disabled, see "Reasons for Account Lockouts and Disables" in Account has been locked - Microsoft Support

In order to better understand your problem scenario, if it is convenient, please share with us the specific solutions you have tried, which can help us narrow down the scope of the problem.

Since I'm not sure what options you've tried, I've tried to put together some suitable options for you, here are some suggestions for you to consider:

1. I noticed that you want to know whether there is an online fix. Have you tried to use the interactive tool provided by Microsoft in a safe and stable manner?

This interactive tool is designed to help resolve Microsoft account issues. You can make selections in sequence according to the operation prompts on the page of this interactive tool:

2. If you want help from an online agent, I can point you in the right direction to get help from an online agent.

Contacting an online agent requires a few steps:

• Once in Contact - Microsoft Support,

• type "account recovery" in the search box,click Sign in and contact support at the bottom of the page.

• Sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Under Products & Services, select Microsoft 365 and Office Options.

• Under Categories, select Manage Account Security.

• Click "Chat with a support agent."

3. In addition, as supplementary information, I have compiled here for you the common solutions for account being locked. Please allow me to explain to you that there is no guarantee that the problem will be solved, however if you have not tried these steps, here is one way you can consider:

• Typically, for locked accounts, users can recover the account by obtaining a security code, see: Account has been locked - Microsoft Support

• If the above methods cannot help, it means that you have not successfully restored access to your account through this method. In this case, it is recommended to submit an account recovery form to restore your account. The relevant technical personnel will receive your questions and then contact us. Please know that we will provide you with specific assistance within 24 to 48 hours.

See: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps,please feel free to reply me if anything is unclear or if there are any further updates, thanks.

Best Regards ,

Morning | Microsoft Technical Support Community 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This has been of no use to me. These are the same steps I have taken dozens of times on this computer and on my phone. I NEED TO TALK TO A HUMAN!(NOT A.I. Is this even possible anymore?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello  Keith Adams2,

Sorry for not replying in time, I hope you are well!

I understand your feelings, but because the community forum needs to protect user privacy information, we cannot directly obtain data about user privacy, and I cannot directly solve the problem for you. For account issues, real-time communication with online agents is OK. In the second step of my answer for you, I made some choices to help the online agent understand some basic information about the problem before providing help to you. You can contact the online agent according to the steps I compiled for you.

I hope the above can answer your questions. ,have a nice day!

Best Regards ,

Morning | Microsoft Technical Support Community 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2024 Views 49 Applies to: