when I open Outlook is says the page cannot be displayed

as of today 16 may 13 when I select Outlook the message states the page cannot be displayed and whether the address https://snt002.mail.live.com is correct. I have not changed the address which worked fine until today. I have tried what the page says, to open in browser and I have pushed the reset button but end up with the same message. Any suggestions?

Hi AustinJONT,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand that you get a "Page cannot be displayed" error when you open Outlook.com. Let me assist you with this.

A possible cause of your issue is with regards to your browser. As an initial troubleshooting step, I advise that you optimize your browser for us to ensure that this is not browser related. Also please upgrade your browser to its latest version to ensure its optimum performance. After optimizing, please close your entire browser and try again.

I also would like to make a few clarifications for us to investigate your issue further:

• Does this issue happen even when using a different browser/computer?
  • What browser are you using? Is it upgraded?

We're looking forward for your response. You cooperation regarding this matter is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I followed the step to optimize my browser and checked it is the latest version. I am using IE10

I also tried a different browser and got this message

Sorry, the website snt002.mail.live.com cannot be found.

I have not yet tried on a different computer yet

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AustinJONT,

Thanks for getting back to us for further assistance with this issue. In addition to John Paul M said above, we also suggest that you disable any browser add-ons you have as well your anti-filtering program (Kindly refer to your anti filtering product support) in your computer to isolate the possible cause of this issue. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer

Please let us know the result for further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried accessing on another computer and got on with no problem.

On my own computer I followed the advice and disabled all add-ons.

I am not sure I understood anti filtering instruction. I have McAfee and I switched the firewall off and the option for the program to check sites.

None worked and I am still getting the same message. Outlook was working fine until the other day. To my knowledge nothing has been changed on the computer to suddenly prevent access to Outlook. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello AustinJONT,

Let me further assist you on your concern of not being able to open Outlook.com using the web browser on one computer that you have used.

What I can suggest is you try to reset your browser settings. Please be informed that once you have reset your browser settings, all the customization and add ons installed on the browser will be deleted. There are some instances where these add ons prevent Outlook.com to run properly.

You can visit this article to know how you can reset yuor browser settings. However, if you are using a different browser other than Internet Explorer, kindly visit your browser support web page to get assistance.

Also, kindly provide us the kind of browser that you are using.

Inform us for any results.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I saw on the community a question with the same problem and the answer given was that the address  https://snt002.mail.live.com did not exist and to access Outlook through the browser on www.outlook .com    And I am pleased to say it did.

I still don't know why the Outlook Icon in Apps suddenly stopped working, but I have now deleted it.

Actually I prefer opening Outlook in the browser because I can easily move around in other web sites whereas opening Outlook through the app meant if I wanted to go onto another website I usually had to sign back into Outlook.

So thanks for the advice along the way.

problem answered

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 3,063 Applies to: